STOP MAKING CRAP UP!

by Sheep2slaughter 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

I had to start this thread in light of today's watchtower study. In paragraph 14,15 they mention the grounds for separation. No scriptures are sighted but I am well aware of the support they usually use.

I am SO SICK of the Watchtower MAKING CRAP UP! I think any A-Hole who treats their wife or husband with the sheer lack of respect and decency as mentioned in these grounds should have to suffer their mates wrath. The wronged mate should be able to search their heart, conscience and relationship with God and make their own choice as to how to proceed...whatever the supposed wrong. We all will have an accounting before God. They/we do not need the WTBTS making up rules not stated in scripture and then passing them off as scripture. They do this mess with facial hair, sexual relations between married mates, hours in ministry, judicial procedure and so many other things. STOP MAKING SHIT UP AND STICK TO THE SCRIPTURES YOU SO CLAIM TO REVERENCE!! /rant

What say you?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ha! I'm married to an active Witness and we've managed to avoid this week's article AND meeting. It's called maintaining domestic bliss.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol.... If they stopped making things up and only stuck to scripture that would ruin the whole scheme wouldnt it.....

• jgnat
    jgnat

There's something called "owning up to your mistakes" that is sadly missing. How hard is it to say, "We got it wrong"? Oh, yes it is hard. And humbling. But oh so refreshing for the suffering sheep.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

This is the exact thing that got me researching elsewhere. No scriptural backing = dogma. Dogma is not truth.

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

What really bothered me was when the conductor said that one of the reasons to leave your mate is extreme physical abuse. I don't know about him (or anyone else), but if my wife (or my husband if I were female) were to lay a hand on me just once, I would leave him or her immediately. Married couples DON'T HIT EACH OTHER.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They only try to stick to the bible when its appropriate to substantiate themselves as a power source.

Since they are trying to emulate the social moral standards of the bronze age ancient Hebrews, its no wonder

there is a poor sense of balanced justification and fairness, particularly toward woman (wifes) and children.

Sure they selectively go beyond what was laid out in the bible but that again supports their power and control over people.

A lot has been learned over the past 2000 years since ancient times, in regards to human developmental behavioral psychology. ........ Really !

• Finally-Free
  • jgnat
    jgnat

When I was a battered wife, protests against spousal abuse were just coming out. I could not relate to the posters, which showed a despondent woman with a blackened eye, split lip, broken arm.

I rationalized that the abuse was "not that bad" because I had no broken bones. When I finally left, I had a doctor document my bruises, in various shades of technicolor. Only then did I realize that the abuse had steadily escalated to a daily event.

It is irresponsible to "allow" separation for "extreme" abuse alone.

• wokeup
    wokeup

Regarding paragraph 14, who defines what 'extreme' physical abuse is? 3 punches, 10? 1 kick to the groin or 4? How about paragraph 15? Who's responsible for your 'absolute' spiritual endangerment? Who gets to define 'extreme' or 'absolute' who quantifies these prerequisites? Who left out the 'supportive' scriptural references to these words of wisdom?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit