The reason I just can't believe in god

by jambon1 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

NewChapter and Jambon I'm of the same mind of both of you.

Let me quote Steve Jobs who died recently. Reflecting on death, I'm about fifty-fifty on believing in God. For most of my life, I've felt that there must be more to our existence than meets the eye. I might be over estimating the odds 50/50 out of a desire to believe in an afterlife. I like to believe, think that something survives after you die. It's strange to think that you accumulate all this experience and maybe a little wisdom and it just goes away. So I really want to believe that something survive , that maybe consciousness endures, but, on the other hand, perhaps it's like an on and off switch click! and your gone.

I am Agnostic because I just don't know or have the wisdom to conclude a final answer and end it with nothing. Still I stand by My statement that I am of the same mind as both of you are. And that is conflicting. I lean more toward the thinking that when you are dead your dead just like all of living matter humans animals etc. Evil and suffering are mankind's doing to each other. Nature does what it does it is indifferent to the effect it has on life.

Blueblades/MallCop

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Mouthy's post on page 2 is awesome. It makes it sweeter that we all think and believe based on our own spiritual journey instead of looking up what to believe in watchtoer literature.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    It's strange to think that you accumulate all this experience and maybe a little wisdom and it just goes away.

I feel that way too, but I also realize the sun is going to die, and there is nothing I can do about it. Do what you can while you can.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

God is simply absent. In his absence the middlemen have taken over. Now I don't care where he went. He's a deadbeat dad.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

I'm more of a agnostic. I feel like from what I've been taught about God through the WT. If it wasn't him that came down to the earth and experienced the suffering of man firsthand, then he should come down, get some Big kicks in the nuts, and have his shirt and shoes tooken! I liked the example that Breakfast of Champions used. I'll use another one. Let's say that your best friend witnessed a very brutal crime. Like a brutal rape and beating of a under aged child. He does nothing about it and you find out and confront him. He says, "I saw who the assaulter was but I decided that this wasn't the time to interfere. I know where he lives and I might get him any day, unless.....someone else gets to him first for something else." You would either a) Kick your friends butt or b) Call the Police or a combination of both. God does the same thing as this friend every minute of every day and somehow gets a pass by believers. Just because he says he is merciful and loving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit