update on my boy

by Aussie Oz 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

My son came to visit today, he and i are getting a lot closer since he left his JW home and thanks largely to his mother and step father alienating him big time. He needs one of his parents to help him out at times and he can't turn to his mother. Thats sad but its her loss, and his i guess.

Anyway, he recently got himself a girlfriend, a worldly girl at that. Obviously he cant take her home to mum, but he brings her to us. This weekend i had my daughter and her best (worldly) school friend and my son and his girl here, it was like a real family!

The best part was when he said...''I am ready to hear whats wrong with the JWs''.

He hasnt been to a meeting for 4 weeks now and has started to realize the JWs are brainwashed (his own words). He has known he 'should' look at the religion but in the past has said he didnt want to listen, so this is BIG.

He wanted to know what i could give him to read 'right now'. The challenge is that like most JW teens, he knows bugger all about the beliefs of the Watchtower, i mean, seriously so uninformed that it's like i have to teach him a doctrine in order to demonstrate why its wrong! There is so much i could show him and i will take it easy!

So today i pointed him to JWFacts while i had to go out.

He read the sections about 'hitler' and 'Christmas/birthdays'. His main comment "They (JWs) tried to get in with hitler"

His other big comment today was regarding 'new light', he said "they always go on about that, but it makes no sense...why didnt god give them the right information from the start"?

Anyway, just wanted to share...

Oz

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

So the thing with the JW girl didn't work out?

He was talking about getting baptised before, did he go thru with that?

It's GREAT that he's finally decided to look into things.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Nice to see someone waking up who is in their 20s (?) or perhaps earlier, rather than in the 40s/50s/60s.

He has all of his life ahead of him.

CHEERS! Doc

• cantleave
    cantleave

Fantastic news.

• bohm
    bohm

Great news! It really sound like the big mental barriers are beginning to break.

What happened to his witness girlfriend?

• cofty
    cofty

That's great news, I'm really happy for you.

JWFacts is deadly.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Sounds like he's well on his way to freedom.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

He is in his 18th year, he dropped the JW girlfriend because he was sick of her having to hide him. She got baptized and he not being dunked meant she was not prepared for him to be known as her 'boyfriend'.

He met a few worldly girls and this one that he really likes and it has opened his eyes to say the least.

Oz

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Great stuff. You must be stoked

• bohm
    bohm

Good call not getting babtized even when she was, that should make it all easier, I am happy on your behalf!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit