• baltar447
    baltar447

Awesome news!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Now to make sure he has direction in life. Its one thing to help them out but another to help them not self destruct from the discovery of the lie and freedom from the WT rules. In all honestly i would rather them in the JWs than fucking themselves on drugs or stupid living if you know what i mean! They do show a bit of a propensity to party hard...he drinks hard and i know he has tried weed.

anyway, i am planning a father/son weekend away because he needs to come to grips with a lot of stuff to do with not only the lie, but his sense of loss over his mother and i divorcing, how to function in a normal world, the type of good decisions to make etc etc...

tonight i made him call his mother (she found out about the weed). She was hysterical, and it was the first time she had spoken to me in years and it was to ask me to deal with it. I did, nuff said! But perhaps the best thing was that he fessed up to his mother that he no longer wanted to be JW. She told him that she suspected so for a while and that all she wanted was for him to be happy and safe. A huge relief for him i can tell you.

I am excited and scared at the same time for my two kids.

Oz

• carla
    carla

" it's like i have to teach him a doctrine in order to demonstrate why its wrong!"-- I hear you there! same problem in my house.

I'm so happy for you and your kids (hopefully) getting out of the cult! I know it must be a scary time for all but I have faith that all of you will come out the other side just fine.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I've just seen this thread Aussie...that is brilliant. Good idea to point him to the information and leave him to it.

As for the drugs and alcohol...who's to say he wouldn't do that if he was a JW? It would just be secret. At least if it's out in the open you can help him through any problems. You can talk openly and honestly about adult behaviours and responsibilities associated with the decisions he makes. You can have a dialogue that doesn't include being judgemental for no good reason.

Don't be scared for them Aussie...don't buy into the watchtower bullshit. Carry on being a great father that they feel comfortable talking to and you can overcome anything with them...The world is their oyster. A bit of teenage bahaviour is ok. Trust that you have instilled good values in your kids and they will turn out fine.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Thankyou for the great comments.

You all have no idea how much this forum and the people on it have helped me in my own journey and without that i wouldnt know how to help my kids either.

Yes, they know 'good' jws who are doing all the drugs etc, at least they tell me everything, i value the dialogue i have got going with the kids.

thankyou

Oz

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Good luck, Aussie Oz!

(you're gonna need it, lol)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for sharing the progress.

Sparlock has activated his magic!

• PrincessPeachz
    PrincessPeachz