Can marriage survive infidelity??

by butalbee 57 Replies latest social relationships

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've got a dumb question: Why don't people share?

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Mulan
    Mulan

I know someone that was in much the same situation. She and her husband really loved each other, and worked hard to get the trust back. She did love the other man, but had broken it off before her husband found out, by snooping. I guess they can tell somehow. She also said it made her "feel alive". She admitted it, and begged for another chance. He gave her another chance, which shows he did love her too. That was several years ago, and they seem to be fine now.

It seems to me, that everyone deserves a second chance.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• chezza
    chezza

Ok so everyone can hate me right about now but my experience is that i cheated on my husband, and there are always two sides to a story, he has all the sympathy from the witnesses and i am left out in the cold, what we are forgetting here is if a marriage is truly happy there would be little reason to stray, i'm not saying thats the case here but in my case i was miserable and my husband knew it and did absouletly nothing to rectify the situation because he was too busy being an elder, i feel as though i was pushed out of the marriage by his being busy with the truth, in my case the day i cheated on him i told him the marriage was over and ended it there because i knew that the trust was gone and that would be very hard to rebuild.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

xander, yup i did

• target
    target

No one mentions marriage councelling. My marriage survived it and it has been 16 years. It will never be 100%, but then it never was in the first place, which is why it happened. councelling was a real learning experience, you learn a lot about why you do what you do.

Target

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

If someone cheats there is always a reason. It's rarely for the sex. That being said, I still would never stay with anyone who cheated on me. The trust is gone and, for me anyways, would never return. Better to save our time and move on.

• JT
    JT

Cheeza

ck your EMAIL

• butalbee
    butalbee

This is another crazy day in my life! She is HERE at my house, spending the night, she is in tears, I tried my best to console her, hug her, talk to her, try to say something to her to give her hope, that maybe things will work out, UNTIL she started calling THE OTHER GUY!!!! What the hell? She's here sobbing that her husband want a divorce and she goes and calls the other dimwit up, they're still talking on my other line.

She says she wants to get back w/ Mike, then she calls other dick up and is now saying that she misses him??? OMG!!!

Okay, she is NUTS I am gonna assume. Is it possible to LOVE two people at the same time? Maybe she's on drugs. I don't understand. I really don't.

• chezza
    chezza

thanks jt :)

• think41self
    think41self

Chezza,

Why would anyone hate you for that? We are all human beings, we all have needs. As they say, most of the time mates are unfaithful, it's not really about sex...it's about unfulfilled emotional needs. You did the right thing by moving on, in my opinion.

think41self

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit