JW buttons & BIG meeting cases!!!!

by DwainBowman 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

DwainBowman

Instead of that little square  between cheeks  how about   JW  O  org wouldnt that be more appropiate ?

smiddy

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Seems like JWS everywhere are having righteous Orgasms selling and promoting  JWOrg. items among

their own members 

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Who produces these crazy jw.org products?

Are they gb approved?

I never saw one jw having such a thing in my country.

Is it just a trend in the US?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Quite a few in my congregation wear the blue badges, not the round ones as shown above and sold on e-bay, but small square ones.  Bow ties and braces are also the rage.

As regards large cases, these are OUT!  Now you turn up to the meeting with your tablet, making sure of course you have an app to allow you to underline and annotate.  The chariot moves on!!!

George

• stan livedeath
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would never get the biggest bag I could get.  Rather, I would get something that is modest in size but the highest quality I could find.  It might be fine to attend a boasting session with a bag that is big enough to easily fit what you need--and hounders often need more room.  But, you only need to carry around 20 rags, maybe 30 wastes of paper, one LIE-ble, 1 or 2 of the books you are trying to place (maybe 3-4 if you have orders for them), one Daily Text, one modest call book, a pocket for not at home slips, and a few personal supplies (like tissues or hand sanitizer).  Those using an electronic device may also add enough space to carry their device safely, as well.

To me, anything more than that is a waste.  If I had a bag that was big enough to move to New Zealand with, it would invite the hounders to hound me to doing ever more field circus.  It would be clumsy getting into and out of cars with such a big bag.  It gets tiring to carry something that big going from door to door, especially in hot weather.  And, the bigger the bag, the more likely it is to wear out because it lacks the support to carry such loads--unless you compensate by adding much more weight.  This also adds up to wasting huge amounts of funds--last spring, I checked on how much.  And some book bags were selling north of 300 toilet papers, a few in excess of 800.  Do you really need to waste that much on a stupid book bag that outclasses your endurance in field circus?

Or, perhaps it would be better if someone only spends 90 toilet papers (and decent, modest-sized bags can be had between 90 and 130 toilet papers) and invest the remainder in precious metals or get ready for emergencies?  Not that I encourage anyone to go out, but those who go in field circus are better off with smaller, sleeker bags.  They cost less and tend to be more durable because of their small size.  They tend to be better organized (if you only carry what you reasonably need).  You can get into and out of cars more easily without infringing on other passengers.  And, a sleeker bag is easier to carry.  Save the big honking bag for when you need to make a big presentation, and use smaller bags for when smaller bags are more appropriate.  Of course, not going out at all is even better.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    STAN - creepiest picture ever. . . . Wow.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    It wasn't that long ago when you'd hear regular announcements/letters condemning the sort of JW.org frenzy that we're seeing now, only then it was more about using the WT logo or re-recording the songs to not sound depressing.  Now they're playing worldly music in the KH and speakers are wearing JW.org pins on the conventions.  There's got to be more than a few old-timers that are uncomfortable with how things are going.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    There's got to be more than a few old-timers that are uncomfortable with how things are going.

I know a few that are unhappy with the way it is right now. 

• whathehadas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit