Candace Conti's Rap Sheet

by Bangalore 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AnnOMaly
  • villagegirl
    villagegirl

Re -Abuse the Victim, thats what this is, because they are acting

like a survivor of severe sexual trauma ?

Its so well know that it is Textbook, victims of childhood sexual abuse;

(1) Suppress the memories

(2) Act out the abuse upon themselves or othere

(3) Often become drug addicts, or live outside

social rules because they never feel they are 'normal'

(4) Have inability to recall periods of their life

(5) Engage in risky behavior, become prostitutes, steal things, become strippers, degrade themselves.

This is precisely why childhood sexual abuse is such a heinous crime, it is likened to murder of the soul.

• cedars
    cedars

Here's what I said on another thread. It clearly applies to this thread...

Posted 1/7/2013

Yesterday I had a phone conversation with Rick Simons dealing with some of the questions about the case that will be answered in the forthcoming YouTube interview that is being arranged. Among the issues Rick addressed was the rumour about Candace Conti that was expressed in the OP of this thread as follows...

5) Candace Conti has judged twice for a taking and selling a drugs, and for possesion of stolen goods. Information about it are in free use of a Freemont Police Station database(but there was no prooflink!). Also Candace Conti was a prostitute and have taking a heavy drugs, when she was teen.

Rick made it abundantly clear that any rumour linking Candace with prostitution is entirely false. All conceivable "dirt" that could be dug up about Candace was dug up pre-trial, and prostitution certainly did NOT feature at any point in Candace's personal history. This is clearly a disgusting rumour dreamt up from the twisted minds of certain Watchtower apologists in a desperate attempt to demean her.

Yes, there were some issues with drug abuse and related misdemeanors in Candace's adolescence, but several psychiatric experts testified in court that these episodes were more than likely triggered by Candace's abuse as a child - specifically as an attempt to (in effect) "self medicate" the painful experiences from her childhood. Notwithstanding this dark episode, Candace has been clean from drugs for over three years. As you can see from the YouTube videos from the "meet up" event, she is now a poised, confident and well rounded woman who has shown remarkable bravery in pursuing her case against the Watchtower. Apart from dealing with the case, she has enrolled in a college course at UC Davis and is moving on with her life.

I know the unfounded accusations levelled at Candace have hurt her deeply, and I felt it proper to share this information with the board in case it comes up again. This is not a "rebuke" of the member who posted this thread. I am merely taking the opportunity to put the facts in order.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit