Candace Conti's Rap Sheet

by Bangalore 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Bangalore
  • cedars
    cedars

No doubt apologists will leap on this and claim that it completely exhonerates the Watchtower and excuses them for what they allowed to happen to Candace as a nine-year-old.

I personally don't care. We've all done things we regret.

In my eyes, she's still a heroine for selflessly pursuing the organization in court rather than accepting a settlement. I will always deeply admire her for that.

Cedars

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Agreed Cedars. Also the link I posted is to an apologist site.

Bangalore

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Yes, she's had a wayward youth - drugs, bad company, etc. Quite common for kids from troubled or abused backgrounds. She appears to have been getting her life together more recently and constructively channelling any anger and frustration at the right parties rather than punishing herself. The rap sheet, while interesting, in no way undermines her credibility as a victim or excuse the WTS/local congo of their negligence.

• JWOP
    JWOP

Most abuse victims have a rough outcome, so this is no surprise.

• blondie
    blondie

I also noticed that it was an jw apologist site. I could not get the document to come up after the first page. Were any conclusions made in the document and/or by whom? Qualified professionals?

It reminds me of the reasoning of a circuit court judge in this area that reasoned that women that dressed provocatively brought rape on themselves. He was recalled. The woman in his court was a teenager, the 3 rapists teenagers, she had every part covered with jeans and a turtleneck, bra in place....

Two judges raise the question of the victim's responsibility "I 'm trying to say to women stop teasing. There should be a restoration of modesty in dress and elimination from the community of sexual-gratification businesses," declared Dane County Judge Archie Simonson, 52. "Whether women like it or not they are sex objects. Are we supposed to take an impressionable person 15 or 16 years of age and punish that person severely because they react to it normally?" Voicing such sentiments, Judge Simonson let a convicted 15-year-old Madison, Wis., defen

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,915435,00.html#ixzz20VJiX2sb

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

All her rap sheet does is show how the ordeal she went thru traumatized her.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Gee, probably possession of Pot and some property that was stolen not by her.

Lets balance that out with what the WTS. did and had done for decades and what happened to her

and the psychological trauma she had to endure for years.

Kind of like taking a weak shot at someone, when a bigger more egregious crime was committed by an adjoining party.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

And the relevance of this is .... ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its nothing but a tactic to demean or throw dirt on to her character as someone evil or bad, something the JWS do when a person

inflicts damage on to their lofty organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit