Monica Lewinksy on HBO

by teejay 11 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

SUSCARRA don't forget, Clinton fully admits the cigar, he just didn't inhale.

Monica was believeable but not an innocent little girl by any means. Still the allure of power is unmistakable. Hillary is still falling for it.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• teejay
    teejay

What astounded me more than anything else is that the program happened at all.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Clinton, he *was* the president of the U.S. for eight years. He's still alive—so is his wife and daughter—and dishonoring his character so soon after leaving office casts an unnecessary shadow over the office itself, imo.

Just about every other president had affairs while in office—Kennedy had too many to number—and it was decades before the media revealed any of them. Even now, not a single one of these women has been publicly interviewed for all the world to see in such a way as Monica was. Looking back, the media's undying fascination with such an insignificant aspect of Clinton's illustrious administration is hard to figure... unless one has an understanding of the larger political issues that were at work in Washington then.

I think Monica comes across as quite believable overall. She simultaneously shows a certain strength and frailty of character that is endearing to me. Having a daughter of my own probably has something to do with my feelings about her. She comes across as tragic and heroic, all at the same time.

I especially liked the question posed near the end by the black man. At first his provocative comments irritated me, but the more I thought about them the clearer it became why the show's producers left them in. I also liked the honest way she responded to him and his questions. She showed a maturity that impressed me and I ain't easily impressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit