October 15, 2012 Watchtower now on jw.org

by sd-7 31 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Ever notice how they put things like "justice" and "rights" in quotation marks, when it's in the context of elders, or the organization, bulldozing over congregation members?

Like "Rights....<Snicker> yeah, sure - as if".

• sd-7
    sd-7

Yeah, I once heard someone say in an assembly talk, "You don't have the RIGHT to disobey Jehovah!" I was far from questioning the organization at the time, but my first thought was, "Uh, yeah, we do--that's called free will. Even if we were choosing to die, we'd still have the RIGHT to choose it." It's a delusional, power-hungry state of mind that causes them to reason this way. Nobody has rights except if they say so.

--sd-7

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

It's "worldly" to want "justice"?

But...but...but I thought their god was supposed to be the epitome and embodiment of "justice", "wisdom", "power" and "love"?

They tell you to "wait on Jehovah", but then say that Jehovah is "choosing to overlook" wrongdoing if it's committed by an elder in a position of authority? Huh? Is he the paragon of justice, or not? And what exactly are you supposed to be waiting on, if he's just gonna overlook it anyway?

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

On the day of baptism, just one question asked?

Finally, on the day of baptism, each candidate is asked, “On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?” Thus, in front of witnesses, these new ones say Yes respecting their promise to serve God forever.

w12 10/15 p. 30, 31

1. On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?
    2. Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

w06 4/1 p. 22 / The Two Baptismal Questions

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Isn't it interesting, JWs are encouraged to be critical, hypercritical even, of injustices perceived and real committed by others, especially institutions like governments or churches; but when there are real injustices in the congregation they are commanded to let it go and "Let Jehovah take care of it."

What a blatant contradiction!

Physician, heal thyself.

• Borges
    Borges

it's probably a made up story.

It isn't. I know these guys from my time in german Bethel. I've been in the same cong. with Richard for years and he is still a friend of my parents.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

So if they kill you by making a mistake then that's just and oh well moment, we'll get it right nex time. This org is putting so many people at risk. Hard to believe that more people don't make the correlation.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
  • Niveau
    Niveau

Thus, as Head of the Christian congregation, Jesus has full control of the bodies of elders. If someone on a body truly needs correction, the One who has “eyes as a fiery flame” will see to it that this is done in His own time and way . -page 14, paragraph 8

If Jesus has full control of the bodies of elders, why would an elder ever need correction? For an elder to need correction, he'd have to be doing something wrong, and Jesus' full control would prevent that from happening.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

I remember a elder giving a talk one Sunday and he himself was df'd that Wednesday. I'm so sick of hearing the "org is perfect but people aren't". Even sicker that I used to belief this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit