October 15, 2012 Watchtower now on jw.org

by sd-7 31 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

Looks like it's fun. There's a cool story in there about how a ministerial servant got deleted for playing violent video games, and then wrote to the branch office about it and told people in his congregation. Classy, guys, really classy. I wonder what game it was? And how'd they find out? Probably he had an elder's son over to play it with him, ha...

Well, nothing too fancy there. Another with Moses and Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, but no use of the term 'apostate' that I noticed. Just a mention of the idea, in a way.

But...I'm just letting you know. You can pick it apart yourselves, should you desire. Take care, folks.

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Oh, and...thank the faithful slave for quenching our spiritual thirst. I mean, it is a WASTELAND out here. Every month I just look forward to the SHEER RELIEF of reading The Watchtower once again.

"In case you can't tell, I'm being sarcastic!"--Homer Simpson

--sd-7

• cedars
    cedars

I'm on it.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Nothing too inflammatory so far. Looks like they're behaving themselves this month.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Ah, that's interesting....

Cedars

• sd-7
    sd-7

You're making me laugh, cedars! Ha ha!

--sd-7

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It infuriates me they way they continually inoculate themselves from being questioned or challenged even when they are WRONG and the MISTAKES they make AFFECT PEOPLES' LIVES!

Consider this bit of manipulative crap:

Older men in the congregation are not perfect, just as they were not perfect in Moses’ day and in the apostle John’s time. Elders may make mistakes that affect us personally. If that happens, how inappropriate it would be for any member of the congregation to react according to the world’s spirit, vehemently demanding “justice” or that “something be done about this brother”! Jehovah may choose to overlook certain minor failings. - p. 13, para. 7

I see, if someone is personally affected by a mistake an elder makes no one is supposed to do anything about it. We're just supposed to believe that Jehovah is choosing to "overlook" it.

If the elders fail to act on something how does that prove Jehovah is "overlooking" it? It doesn't. It's just manipulative crap.

Such bs it makes me ill!

00DAD

• sir82
    sir82
    Jehovah may choose to overlook certain minor failings.

I see.

So Jehovah "overlooks it" when an elder repeatedly rapes small children, since that is merely a "minor failing", but talking to your disfellowshipped son/daughter is so heinous that it requires immediate removal.

Got it - good to know Jehovah's priorities.

• undercover
    undercover

"Friends for 60 Years and Only Getting Started"

four young men, in their early 20s in 1951

spend their life serving as missionaries or in Bethels.

The final caption reads: "A Friendship With Eternity in View"

under that caption one paragraph reads:

"Today, Lowell, Richard, and Ramon are once again serving together at the branch office... Sad to say, Bill died in 2010 while serving as a special pioneer... Almost 60 yeas of a very special four-way friendship (keep your sophomoric jokes to yourself please) shattered by death!" - parantheses mine

I'm sure Lowell, Richard, Ramon and more than 6 million dubs won't see the irony in this... in 1951, four young men, seeking to serve Jehovah the Society in the short time remaining before Armageddon, strike up a friend ship that is shattered, not by apocolypse, not by persecution, not by tragic death... but old age. The "friendship in eternity" has failed. The End didn't come in the 50s. Didn't come in the 60s. 1975 was a bust. The 1914 generation was a bust. Now they can only take solace in the fact they're in an overlapping generation that will get to meet a younger crowd that will see the New System.... kinda like Moses leading a bunch of whippersnapper Jews across the desert for them to inherit a land of milk and honey while he gets the shaft.

The article title should read, "Friends for 60 Years - Time Wasted in a Cult"

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

00DAD,

That quote is so absurd. Anyone that allows another man to have ANY affect on his family, life, health, welfare, finances, etc......is a 'slave'.....ummmmm, that's what the Apostle Paul said, right?

I've NEVER seen an elder make a mistake that was 'minor'........when those idiots speak to publishers that believe they speak for God.....everything they do is a MAJOR life altering MESS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit