Is the Governing Body overdue to make new appointments?

by cedars 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

WANTED:

spiritual MEN who will say yes to anything that the older members say, will also be qualified to kiss any existing Governing Body members ass anytime they bend over.

the succesful applicant will be able to travel anywhere in the world with all expenses paid and will only have to spew out hours of useless information.

As a new GB member all expenses will be paid and all you will have to do is sit in a meeting every week nodding your head in an afirmative motion anytime anyone says any thing of little or no importance. The successful aplicant will also recieve full medical benefits, the use of a fully fueled automobile, butler service, laundry service, all meals, and many people who will kiss your ass

Please send all resumes to Patterson NY care of Garrett Losch (elder member of GB)

Also if you've read the whole Bible NWT only all the way through that will be a plus

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Wouldn't they also have to have read all the WT/AW's too? But only from 2000 forward as that's all the Nu-Lite Tm that will be posted on the up-coming JW Website.

• Listener
    Listener

The Finance Department would advise that new members are cost too much whereas they need to cut costs.

The Legal Department discourage new members because it means there are more persons they must influence.

The GB may be finding it difficult to be in agreement on their choice of new members.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Ok. There are a couple of ways that this could play out in my opinion. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion. If they don't appoint some new GB members then all they have left is to fall back on the " Jonadab " class, you following me? No one is going to hang on every word of the Jonadabs for another " generation ", unless they time it perfectly. Anyone who knows any real history at all will have to die out, or be Df'd for apostasy, then the new member being comprised of the " born-ins " and immigrants won't know any better. So they might follow the Jonadabs for years. As long as you are ignorant enough, they can say the " new light " is that the 144,000 will be dead for an unknown amount of time before the " end ", so faithfully follow the Jonadabs. These will conveniently be indoctrinated " operation of error" types who take over the biz.

The other scenario is to appoint a couple newbies who have proven their worth by years of faithful service. Let's face it, real spirituality is not a pre-requisite for moving up the corporate ladder. If you follow the rules and know the procedures and don't ask questions you rise to the top, just like the military. Anyone with real integrity doesn't live long enough to get promoted. The appointment will have to be a careful, careful process. As has been pointed out, the power balance cannot be upset, especially now with the Empire in a precarious state ( Just read Shogun ). The new golden boy will have to be carefully groomed for the role, meaning an individual of some renown, otherwise any claim of anointing will be taken for mental imbalance. Anointed and " spiritual " aka, procedure follower = genuine anointed. Anointed and an PTS, to borrow a scientology term = mentally and emotionally disturbed and needing God's forgiveness, and most likely to be Df'd.

As for the initials I dropped, they are real. The information is from an idividual who has spent years at Bethel, and is on the forefront of the Foreign language field. They feel strongly that the aforementioned person is in the running for GB. It could very well happen. I know the person he is speaking of because he is in my circuit. He is a genuninely likeable person and well known. I can't see anyone that I know blinking an eye if he was put into that position. I guess it all depends on what the next couple of years bring. Will they go with the Jonadab route? I can't see that happening because the waters are drying up as it is. In my own Congregation we have not had an appointment to servant or Elder in over three years. No one qualifies, or wants to. It has to be similar in other parts of the world. With that being the case, who is going to follow some Jonadab around? They have to appoint someone to take the reigns, even if the are only a figurehead, ( again read Shogun ). What they need now is the proper " instrument " of an individual to raise up for the rank-and-file, because let's face it..it aint Jesus. Those are my two cents, take it or leave it. I don't claim infallibility, only pragmatism. I will pass along what I can, always ready to take my cianide pill disguised as a Miracle Wheat cufflink if neccessary.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I have heard from family friend who has vacationed with a GB member that there are a couple "younger" brothers (under 60) being looked at closely. One may currently be in the NorthEast U.S. and the other Latin or South America but definitely spanish speaking. The reason for the delay is that is at least one instance the length of time partaking has not been too long. I posted almost the same comment two years ago so they are obviously still waiting for something.

From a business point of view it makes a lot of sense. One of the brothers is supposedly very business savy. and a spanish speaking member can only help the only growing segment of this religion

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

DATA,

It sounds like the minimal info i got is not dissimilar to the person(s) you are refering to.

There is no doubt they already know who and how many they are goiong to appoint.

• Quendi
    Quendi

The Governing Body has heard the heavy criticism of its composition being so heavily American and white. They responded with some cosmetic changes: the appointments of Poetzinger, Lösch and Herd being their answer to the critics. But with the number having dwindled to seven and with their workload increasing combined with all of them getting long in the tooth, the pressure must be growing to expand the council.

I think the difficulties they face in doing so have been well outlined here. New blood would probably mean radical changes, particularly if the new members were from outside North America and Europe. But it is clear that new thinking is needed. This religion is still stuck in the mid-twentieth century. Witness youth are leaving in droves; the intelligentsia is in revolt; and the primary method of dissemination has not energized the religion with the kind of recruits needed to move forward. This isn't entirely the present Governing Body's fault. I think OTOW is right to say they are a reflection of Ted Jaracz's image and likeness and so lacked the leadership qualities that are badly needed. They should acknowledge that shortcoming and recruit accordingly. But I doubt they have either the courage or humility to do what will be necessary, and that isn't a bad thing if it leads to this cult's ultimate demise.

Quendi

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

TreadnH20,

Good point about having a member of a " minority " appointed. Thats is good business sense. The number of illegal immigrants is probably signifigant. They need another " cracker " too, and maybe an Asian, they are good number crunchers and they won't have to endanger anyone on the road, because they can be chauffeured around so as to avoid bloodguilt. What if the Government kicked out all the illegals, and forced religions to pay taxes? How cool would that be? Sorry Asians, i love ya, especially your kung-fu movies and Transformers ( the real Takara ones).

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Its 2012, time for a woman on board. They can explain it away that Moses had Miriam as a prophetess so its scripturally ok. Plus, when they have evening meetings, she can make sandwiches!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They're downsizing everything else, so it only makes sense that the GB would also get downsized.

I tend to think that the current GB would drag their feet on the idea of actually appointing more members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit