URGENT: NEED HELP FOR A FRIEND FIGHTING HIS JW WIFE FOR CUSTODY

by Mary 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Dagney
    Dagney

Mary, did you get what you need? Were you able to contact Hotchocolate?

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

EXCELLENT ADVICE!

• mind blown
    mind blown

Your friend must feel terrible

Before the religious stuff the court wants the childrens best interest at heart, therefore, he needs to show he's a good/resposible person. Your freind needs to get letters of reference from various people, like his job, a long time freind, even a place of business he frequents and good deeds to someone he may have helped.

He also should show he's responsible in paying child support, when he has the children quality time (like what they do when they're with him) his bills, rent on time, no traffic violation (if good), no criminal record, anything he can use to put him in a good light. She will end up looking like a religious kook in the courts eyes.

And if I were him I'd put her buns to the grill with the elders of her congregation. He is the father of his children and he can also go to the elders and have them speak with his X. They may counsel her because she's gone overboard, there's plenty of WT publications when married to an unbeliver and devorce on christian conduct.......push this on the elders to straighten her out.

• Mary
    Mary

Thanks so much everyone for your input. I've printed off your responses and I'm going to also give him a couple of links about the blood doctrine because that's the angle they want to go with.

I'll let you know the outcome!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Click the link in the blue box by the blue arrow.

Mary: You might want this file! It contains all three Child Custody Booklets combined in one PDF file. These are: . 1. Preparing For Child Custody Cases. 1987 . 2. Child Custody Litigation and the Christian Family 1991 . 3. Child Custody Litigation When Religion is a Factor. 1993 .
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/r83376 . . . Nevada

• clarity
    clarity

Mary saw this a little late but this will show that his child will not have a positive

attitude to EDUCATION! if the mother has full custody.

This is from Okage comments (I think)

WTBTS on Higher Education and the End of This Corrupt System of Things

WT NOW, 2012:

If you are approaching the end of the schooling required of you, you may find yourself in good health and with few responsibilities. Have you seriously considered entering the regular pioneer ranks? No doubt, school counselors sincerely believe that it is in your best interests to pursue higher education and to plan for a secular career. Yet, their confidence lies in a social and financial system that has no lasting future. On the other hand, by pursuing a theocratic career, you will be pursuing truly worthwhile and lasting goals. And you will be following Jesus’ perfect example. Such a wise decision will make you happy. It will protect you. And it will show that you are determined to live up to your dedication to Jehovah.—Matt. 6:19- 21; 1 Tim. 6:9-12. - w2012 6/15, p. 23, paragraph 15 - [Emphasis added]

WT THEN, 1969:

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." -- Matt. 24:34

Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? it will be well on the way toward it's finish, if not actually gone! - g69 5/22, p. 15 - [Emphasis added]

WT THEN, 1969:

Many schools now have student counselors who encourage one to pursue higher education after high school, to pursue a career with a future in this system of things. Do not be influenced by them. Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's propaganda to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world. This world has very little time left! Any "future" this world offers is no future! Wisely, then, let God's Word influence you in selecting a course that will result in your protection and blessing. Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry, with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service your goal. This is a life that offers an everlasting future!" - w1969 3/15, p. 171 - [Emphasis added]

WT THEN, 1968:

What will the 1970's Bring? - g1968 10/8, p. 13- 14

The fact that fifty-four years of the period called the "last days" have already gone by is highly significant. It means that only a few years, at most, remain before the corrupt system of things dominating the earth is destroyed by God. How can we be so certain of this? - [Emphasis added]

One ways is by noting what Jesus said when he gave his great prophecy about the "last days." After he listed the many events that would mark this period, he also stated, "Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." -- Matt. 24:34.

Jesus was obviously speaking about those who were old enough to witness with understanding what took place when "the last days" began. Jesus was saying that some of those persons who were alive at the appearance of the 'sign of the last days' would still be alive when God brought this system to its end.

Even if we presume that youngsters 15 years of age would be perceptive enough to realize the import of what happened in 1914, it would still make the youngest of "this generation" nearly 70 years old today. So the great majority of the generation to which Jesus was referring has already passed away in death. The remaining ones are approaching old age. And remember, Jesus said that the end of this wicked world would come before that generation passed away in death. This, of itself, tells us that the years left before the foretold end comes cannot be many. - [Emphasis added]

You don't need a higher education to know that "only a few years", "very little time" and "cannot be many" is less than 43 or 44, a lot less! They are robbing millions of people of some of the most productive years of their lives by holding out false hopes and promises based on lies. It really should be criminal.

clarity

>Re: Something
  • Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Let us know any progress on this case. It will be a long battle, took me about 6 months but it could've taken much longer.

Thanks Atlantis for the updated booklets (although they seem very similar to the old ones).

• garyneal
    garyneal

marked

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am late to this thread. Someone posted an internal WT document that was supposed to be closely held. It is great b/c it shows the instructions the WT lawyers give to members in custody battles. Most family lawyers could figure out the main parts. It is valuable b/c it details how to trounce an apostate or nonbelievers, showing scripture and revealing legal strategy.

You get inside information that will be a great asset in denying their assertions. Most lawyers are not Jehovah's Witnesses so they may not realize all the problems. It is a gem.

I can't remember any details nor do I have the time to search for it.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Band on the Run: It's called Preparing for Child Custody Cases and all it's later incarnations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit