For those who have been pregnant....

by freshstart 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Something my dentist just told me to pass on. I am 53. The inside of my upper front teeth, the enamel is very thin. He asked me a lot of questions. When he asked how ill I was with my pregnancies, I explained that I had all day long sickness, not just morning sickness. With my daughter, it lasted three full months. With my son it last seven full months. He said that all pregnant women should know: if you throw up, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water, to dilute your stomach acids, but do not brush right away. Wait an hour before you brush your teeth. He said that if you brush your teeth immediately, you will brush the acid into the enamel and lose layers of enamel.

There were things I did enjoy about being pregnant. There were things I did not.

• sherry123
    sherry123

I was not a happy pregnant person. I didn't vomit, but I could never get comfortable,hence, I just have one child.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

I sufferd from morning sickness... ugh miserable.

My poor daughter suffered from a condition called Hyperemisis., and in all honesty I can say I have never seen anyone as ill as she was. Everything made her puke, the dog barked...she puked, she coughed....she puked, smells...puked, too light...puked, food....puked, someone knocking the door....puked, sitting up in bed...puked. Everything had an affect on her. Many times we thought she would lose the babies, but she held on.

Eventually they injected her with a drug normally given to people undergoing chemo. That plus injections of other anti sickness drugs stopped her from vomiting but didn't take the sickness away. Even now two years she still struggles with certain foods/smells.

Being pregnant can be miserable and I really do envy women who sail through theirs.

Hope you feel better soon.

Peace

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Congratulations FreshStart. I've worked with a lot of pregnant women, and been to quite a few births. It's not a bed of roses for everyone, that's for sure. Support is the best thing you can get right now. Talk to people that will understand. It won't last forever darlin'. That's not very comforting when the nausea hits, but you are very strong woman, and so very loving and generous to suffer this. This definitely tests your strength, and now you know you can take it.

Be good to yourself.

NC

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

My first pregnancies were marked with horrible depression...I only had morning sickness a couple of times with each. Later on as they progressed and my babies got heavier, I did end up wracked with pains and aches and not being able to sleep comfortably (or sleep at all). This time around, I'm not depressed, but I had morning sickness like there was no tomorrow. Even hitting the second trimester didn't help at all. Now I'm in my third and still throw up once a week. Yay. And the aches and pains are starting in earnest lol.

I try my best to enjoy being pregnant...Feeling my baby move and respond when I talk, etc. But there's a lot of unpleasantness that goes along with it.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I was sick (nauseated and morning vomiting) with my pregnancy too. It is a horrible feeling to know you need to nourish this baby but food is gross. With my last one someone had suggested a magnesium supplement in the evening and I think it did help a little. NMKA

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Good luck, in less than 9 months it will be over!

• freeinmichigan
    freeinmichigan

I loved being pregnant. I've had 3. I was very nausious to. but as long as I took a half a unisom tab and vitamin b6 I was fine, but if I forgot to take that every morning I was soooo sick....my doc recomended it...saved me big time....

• jemba
    jemba

I loved being pregnant with my two. But I will never ever forget the morning sickness, Oh boy it was awful.
    All day sickness for the first 4 months. I actually wished I could throw up but it never happened.

People often say its a sign of a healthy baby.

How exciting for you, in a few months you will have a beautiful little baby.

Congratulations Freshstart!

• finally awake
    finally awake

Pregnancy was rough on me - I had a lot of nausea and felt lousy most of the time. I even vomited in the delivery room hen I was in labor with my first baby. I avoided food as much as possible - I didn't cook or clean up the kitchen, and I tried to stay away from places that had food smells.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit