Hardest most awkward parts of being mentally out but physically in

by BU2B 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

You could actually focus on keeping us abreast of the latest and greatest that is going on in the org and just reporting on the general consensus of what the rank & file are saying in your specific area.

You could work by yourself in the d2d detail and then inform people of the actual reality of the Borg.

You could also try to find others who are mentally out and that helps a lot as I speak from experience about that. I am df'd now and it is much easier this way, once you get past the whole family & friends shunning thing.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"It's a fact that people HERE read the WT publications much more diligently than the R&F at the KH."

Of course. They are trained to merely skim the publications over and agree. If they ARE going to to intensive research it had better be for the purpose of showing the points in the article to be true. Any other kind of due diligence and true research would be construed as "critical thinking".

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I was detatched mentally about a year before leaving. Sad (hypocritical) event with CO, DO and two ass**** elders. Caught them all in a lie and exposed it at the meeting of the CO and elders. Anyway, that was the light going on - could not see much difference vbetween the RC church I left and the JW I joined.... I used the lessons of the 'boiling frog". If I quit all at once they would notice and become hounders but I planned my exit over 6 months of slow deliberate actions. 1st I stepped aside as an elder with all the usual excuses of needing time with my family, loosing my joy, etc. Reduced meeting attendance, skipped CA, SAD and DC, no assignments, missed once a week FS then increased it to becomming irregular, then back for a week ,etc. When I was 100% out in Feb 2010 it took four months for anyone to really notice, got the visit over and done with (gave them no opportunity to pull the DF rout with my "apostate" thinking). Had fun with excuses they could not challenge, such as feeling I got baptized for selfish reasons as Armegddon was immenent and was interested in self preservation - needed to reconcile that, plus other hard to challenge excuses. Once I set my mind to action, it made the meetings easier as the cognitive dissonance was abating fairly fast. I began to pay attentin to simply confrim what my heart now truly felt. All the best, lots of experience here to help you through. I could not have got as far as i did without the JWN and the support of many.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was the Watchtower Conductor among other things , and there was a time when I knew I was a hypocrite but I felt that I had to let the family and elders down gently over time. So it took months to get out of those things. Like you, I felt terrible.

The benefit however was that I got out O K without any J C .. I can now even attend (sometimes) and sleep through it, so as to keep our marriage alive.....

It does get better.

• shulamitemaden
    shulamitemaden

The watchtower study is brutal. Reading 4 sentences then having to parot back exactly what you read in the second sentence is not studing. I really don't think it is worth the effort, there are so many other enriching things you could be spending your time doing like a hobby, reading up on your retirement etc. The opportunity cost is huge. How many hours a week do you go to meetings, study, service. After a while those add up and it really is time wasted if you resent it. I think you should switch congrations, if that is an option and then don't go.

• Cacky
    Cacky

If you are a teenager or young adult still living with parents, or just dont' want to have your entire family shun you for the rest of your life, I think a lot of people would be prone to faking it just for that reason. Some do leave and lose everyone in their life, but that's not easy by any means.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit