Well ladies. What say you about the latest public tower

by therevealer 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• therevealer
    therevealer

Is this statement on page 5 "Though the surgeon performs the actual operation, is he more important? It is hard to say."

meant to be translated "Is the guy more important to the gal? It is hard to say." What say you.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I don't get that WT at all. Are they trying to backpedal? Repair some damage from the Selma article? The woman who was a minister, could heal etc. how wonderful it was that she found the "truth" lost her ability to heal, her position and became subservient. WHAT? I don't get what they are doing anymore, it's all just too nuts.

• therevealer
    therevealer

"Evidently" they have no clue. "Apparently" they were long overdue for 16 page mags. They should reduce even more to where they have fewer pages to fill.

• blondie
    blondie

So according to the surgeons and anestesiologists I know, they are a team and one cannot do their job without the other; the issue is not submission and one person calling the shots if each wants the procedure to be successful. Of course, they have egos like all of us and this may get in the way with some individuals.

Also, "complements" complete a situation, a person, etc. Without women then, men are incomplete. The WTS tends to think that Adam was incomplete only in that he could not produce children without a woman.....but the freedictionary says:

com·ple·ment (kmpl-mnt)

n. 1. a. Something that completes, makes up a whole, or brings to perfection.

• LV101
    LV101

I'm going with "freedictionary."

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

"it is hard to say" really means "we do not want to say", since the answer makes the analogy insulting to women.

The surgeon is definitely more important. Though they are a team, if there was an emergency situation where only one of them could be involved in the operation, everyone would choose the surgeon over any the anesthetist.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Could someone paste in the whole paragraph- it is hard to know what

"Though the surgeon performs the actual operation, is he more important? It is hard to say."

means in reference to the larger paragraph/point they are making. I tried grabbing the pdf off the jw.org site but the down load is crashing on my laptop (slow connection here at home).

Are they likening a husband to a surgeon and a wife to the anesthesiologist? Seriously?

If it is "hard to say" who is more important, then it's just as feasible that the *wife* be the surgeon and the husband be the anesthetist. And if that is true, then why is this even a matter up for discussion? It is SUCH a non-issue. In the year 20-fucking-12 we are seriously *still* discussing who is *more* important in a marriage? Give me a fucking break.

• Kudra
    Kudra

ok, never mind, it finally was able to download after several false starts... my laptop was likely trying to save me some grief because...

Oh my! Isn't THIS special:

As party to the Law covenant, women were invited to listen to the reading of the Law, which provided them with opportunities to learn. (Deuteronomy 31:12; Nehemiah 8:2, 8) They could also receive training for participation in certain aspects of public worship. For example, some women likely did “organized service” at the tabernacle, while others performed in a mixed choir of singers.—

"Invited to listen to the reading"??

They could "be singers" and "do service" at the tablernacle??

Could "be trained" for "certain aspects" of worship??

THIS IS FUCKING INSULTING. If I was a JW at the hall this would make me hang my head in shame.

Bull fucking shit. The WTBTS can kiss my fucking ass if they think that these spiritual scraps that they offer women are remotely worthy of acceptance.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Seriously--

It get worse (well, "stays terrible" would actually be accurate...):

Under the Mosaic Law, women enjoyed an honorable status, and their rights were respected. However, from the fourth century B.C.E. on, Judaism started to be influenced by Greek culture, which regarded women as inferior.—See the box “Discrimination AgainstWomen in AncientWritings.”

So any misogynistic ancient writings were all the more-recent, non-YHWH, Greek-influenced JEWS' fault! Right. What about all the shit in the old testament about women having to marry their rapist etc.

Are the people who receive these rags SO uncritical in their reading that these things wouldn't occur to them?

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

jw is no better than the rest of the world. women don't even receive equal pay for equal work and of course there's the glass ceiling. I go to a UU church where is it so refreshing to see a woman minister.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit