Was There Anything You Actually Enjoyed About Being A JW?

by MrFreeze 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Conan The Barbarian
    Conan The Barbarian

Back in the 1960's, I liked the chilie that was served at the Vircuit Assemblies. Other than that, nothing.

• blondie
    blondie

Exactly, blond-moment. Cheese danish, but I found how to get them all year long without the the propaganda session.

• freshstart
    freshstart

lol, cheese danish. those were pretty awesome, and the pasta salad was great too.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hot pastrami on an onion roll and snow cones, walking the halls at intermission and finding boys to talk to, after assembly parties in the late 60's, making fun of the speakers grammar or appearence with my best friend. Other than that, NOTHING!!!

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

When I was hard core I enjoyed a lot of it. It's weird actually...it's like there was a certain level of fulfillment and entitlement or something intanglible I can't put my finger on. They credit it to holy spirit but that's not it. It's almost some narcissistic complex masked by fake self sacrifice blended with superiority by judging others. Kinda...

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wow,

when I started attendin' the DC they had stopped fillin' the bellies of the sheep

and put 'em on a diet of spiritual food only

Now it's , Obey , be Blessed and well fed wit the spirtual food from the WT

• Quentin
    Quentin

Yes, till I learned better. Left in 73-74, took another 5 or 6 years to get the brain scrubbed clean.

• blondie
    blondie

Remember that saying that you can't appreciate something until you lose it.........IT DOESN'T APPLY HERE!

More like

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD, I'M FREE AT LAST...or something like that

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

I enjoyed 'corrupting' fellow teens , opening their eyes and making them question what was being fed into them.

That and sometimes you met genuinely nice people.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm enjoying reading the comments. Funny how most of them have absolutely nothing to do with being JW and the little things that helped us get a break from the monotony of being a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit