Cheery new Awake! cover - should make it easy to place...

by cedars 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bigmac
    bigmac

listen folks--i can absolutely GUARANTEE the world will not end during 2012.

i think

• irondork
  • wasblind
    wasblind

Lookin' at that stuff day in and day out as a child has to be detrimental

not a good bedtime story that's for sure

That's right, snatch away a toy and throw it in the garbage

and shove this mag in the kids face

It's mental abuse pure and simple

• DT
    DT

I found out that the Watchtower for September is titled "Does God Care About Women?". I think many witnesses would like to hide the Doomsday Awake under the Watchtower, but the Watchtower is also offensive with that condescending question. They should probably just stay home during September.

• sleepercell
    sleepercell

I don't like it when (Spiritual Momma) reads me a night night story...LOL

• DT
    DT

I'm wondering if someone with graphic skills can post an enlarged photo of the top of the building in the background. It really looks like the Chrysler building to me.

If the Watchtower Society (a New York corporation) used a picture of a New York landmark near collapse on the cover of the September issue of the Awake magazine, it would be a sign of extreme callousness. This could be enough to convince a newspaper to pick up the story.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Nothing like a new piece of WT artwork to trigger the old anxiety.

• DT
    DT

I was able to get a closeup of the top of that building. Notice to sculpted pattern that resembles the Chrysler Building.

• JWB
    JWB

When it comes to doomsday I much prefer fiction and fantasy, don't you?

BTW: Where's Superman when you need him?!

• Cacky
    Cacky

And where's the innocent cat that gets destroyed with the wicked, who looked like normal working folk to me! So, all the other doomsayers are wrong because there is no proof, but they are right!!! Why would they expect a reader to accept their word that all the others are wrong but they aren't?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit