Cheery new Awake! cover - should make it easy to place...

by cedars 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

It looks like a video game cover- definitely aimed at younger people. Just glad I'm on the outside and can laugh at this- it would be embarrassing to try to offer this to people!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    No fireballs coming from the sky or screaming, terrified people?
    The GB is easing up...

No, the GB realizes that no one is good enough to live up to Jehovah's standards and that no one will survive the big A.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, the public eats this stuff up. The following magazine is one of Hubby's favorites.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I agree jgnat the most JW's see nothing wrong with it. I know my husband be fine with it. He just thinks the WT is on the cutting edge of things.

It just totally amazes me now.

LITS

• Azazel
    Azazel

I got all excited for a moment and the the Borg had come out with a Role Playing game set in the post GT like Twilight 2000.

Realistically all JW are playing a role play game because it's not natural for a human to be a JW

Az

• nugget
    nugget

what wew they thinking? It just shows that they are so tightly sealed in their own world that they have no idea how this will play with the general public. Seeing as September 11th is still a very sensitive issue and pictures like this one may be thought to be in very poor taste.

The society I think has been reaching out to the public less and less, it seems to me that magazines such as this one play to the rank and file helping to keep them on track with the idea the end is very close. I just think that they are all about retention rather than expansion which means it will be a miserable existence for those still in.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I have to say, the very few articles I read as a JW, this would probably have been one of them.

• DT
    DT

It's almost like they are being intentionally offensive. Their headquarters is in New York. They should realize how the public would view this kind of magazine cover. Making it the September issue is incredible arrogant.

It's not like they are criticizing the concept of doomsday. They are peddling their own vision of doomsday that has recently become overshadowed by other popular ideas.

I wonder if there are some newspapers who would be interested in covering this. It's in such bade taste that I think it could make a good story.

• sf
    sf

Making it the September issue is incredible arrogant.

I said the same thing dude.

• VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit