the expression "JDUB"

by wannaexit 24 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I've heard the expression JDUB coming out of the mouths of a couple of witnesses. Does it mean they know stuff about this organization and could possible be visiting sites such as JWD?

This is leading me to believe that there are a lot more witnesses that have realized that their religion is a scam.

• blondie
    blondie

Could be, but I knew jws that had pet words; so did the term come f rom jws and then they became ex-jws and started posting or did "good" jws get it f rom "bad boards". I certainly would avoid using them in general amongst jws only trusted friends.

Hovie Jovie's = something a pioneer picked up from someone at the door

Jehoba's = another term heard at the door and adopted

J(ay) Dub(ble U = W) = a jw family member came up with that in the 60's, only used in family settings (shorthand)

(did not hear witlesses until coming to JWN)

• warranpiece
  • exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Yeah...this is not an expression exclusive to non or former Witnesses.

I've heard Jdubs use this for quite some time.

Much like when people call Volkswagens VW's or Vee Dubs

The University of Washington (U.W.) The U dub.

• goodbye
    goodbye

A popular one I have heard is Jo Ho.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

JDUB was in common useage in New Zealand over fifty years ago

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

J Dub was just another way of saying Jehovah's Witness. Guess they thought it sounded cool. I would say it occasionally.

• Honeybadger
    Honeybadger

Someone I know had a householder come to the door and he asked her, "J-dubs?". That's when I first heard it, before I even dared to google search Jehovah's Witnesses.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I guess it was a slang that fell out of use. The first time i ever heard the phrase is here.

thanks to those that responded

wanna

• jgnat
    jgnat

On another note, it drives me CRAZY that hubby mis-pronounces Yahweh's name. He says GEE-hovah. If it is offensive to my ears, imagine how the God-of-one-name feels!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit