Who did you want to meet in Paradise?

by Flat_Accent 30 Replies latest jw friends

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Adolf Hitler so I could get him to do the "Fegelein! Fegelein! Fegelein!" scene from Downfall. Then I'd shoot him.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

John Lennon, we could get high together and discuss shit.

• Gothicus
    Gothicus

The great leaders of the classical world

• talesin
    talesin

back then, when I was a Witless, Johnnie was still alive, but that's a good vote, Idromo,,,

I would have to say, aside from JL,,, Ralph Waldo Emerson

There a few living legends I would love to meet ............ Muhammed Ali, and Neil Young.

Also, Michael Talbot (he is dead).

xo

tal

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Other than Bible characters Moses, John. Peter, etc., My loved ones and friends.

Historical people like Martin Luther King. Rosa Parks.

Scientists/ Inventors Einstein, Edison, Samuel Morse and yes,Steve Jobs

Musicians like Lennon, Cobain, Les Paul, Johnny Thunders, Joe Strummer.

• dingo1
    dingo1

John Lennon, we could get high together and discuss shit

omg. good call

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Abraham Lincoln.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Seriously, John Lennon and George Harrison so the Beatlesfest can continue. Nijinsky and Nureyev in dance. DaVinci, Michelangelo, and Raphael. Machiavelli and John Locke for all the times I was assigned their work. Henry VIII, if he could no longer behead. Elizabeth I, Hnery IV.

George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, Thos. Jefferson, John Adams, James Madison, John Jay, Marquis de Lafayette.

The English barons at Runnymeade when the Magna Carta was signed. Julis Caesar, Augustus Caesar, Constantine.

My mom so much looked forward to meeting the Princes (Moses, Daniel, David, etc.) that she planned out special outfits to wear to the convention where she was going to meet them. It might take a while to meet them but certainly they would be introduced. The whole family is jazzed up. Excitement mounts at the convention. An announcement is made that it was either figurative or invisible return. She is devestated. Less jazzed up the next time something wacko is mentioned. Esp, fed up to hear Freddie Franz wax eloquent about 1975.

• yknot
    yknot

No one really...

Planned on being too busy aiding in the resurrections (or whatever assignment I was given).

Perhaps 200 years vacation time spent selfishly learning/mastering/exploring/following my every intellectual delight.

Returning to my work hundred years before Satan's loosening....

My humble abode having 'There will be a final test at the end of the 1000 years' written above every door.

This above plan only altered a bit when I had children to include encouraging them and to see them develop into their own persons and then me going into full time resurrection duties and an additional 200 years vacation time to spend with them ..... I married right before the 1995 generation change and thus accepted my hubby was a 'dead man walking'.....cuz I didn't think thanks to that 1989 WT article that we would be married more than 6 years.......(we are now approaching our 17th anniversary-whodathunkit!)

_____

I often secretly wondered exactly how long was 'a little while' for Satan to run amok......

Never understood JWs who focused entirely on the 1000-yr reign....they were totally oblivious to the fact that they could fail or return to worldly when Satan was unloosed.....

My greatest focus was surviving to see the 'Tent of God'......because it was only then I knew I couldnt fail .... I could stop proving myself worthy/loyal and just become a simple wife and mother living a very simple life......happiness.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Any S-F fans out there?

Phillip Jose Farmer wrote a fantastic series of books called "Riverworld". Anyone that ever lived on earth is resurrected simultaneously on a new planet. The storyline features many famous people from Earth history. The main protagonists include Sir Richard Burton (the Victorian explorer of Africa), Alice Liddell Hargreaves (the "real" Alice from "Alice in Wonderland"), Samuel Clemens (or Mark Twain, if you will), Cyrano de Bergerac, and a Neanderthal named Kazz.

A few years after Farmer stopped writing the series, a book was published, titled "Tales of Riverworld". It was an anthology of stories, written by other authors, that take place on this world. One story featured a scenario where various Rock and Roll legends join together in an enclave that entertains visitors with concerts. The characters in the story were John Lennon, Keith Moon, and Jim Morrison. Oh, and Elvis (in a background role). Pretty good story, a cut above fanfic.

I am surprised that more JW's never read this series. Once you push aside the things like aliens, violence, slavery, dreamgum and marijuana, it's very much the world that I always imagined the "new world" (tm) to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit