Besides "NEW LIGHT " what other excuses have you heard about WT failed prophecies ?????s

by wasblind 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

wasblind:

Just this mornin' I read that the WT prophecy went from
    " MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE "
    TO
    " MILLIONS WILL NEVER DIE IN JEHOVAH'S MEMORY "

Rutherford explicitly stated that it was intended literally. See bottom-left corner.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Didn`t they also say" Millions now Living May Never Die ?"

just asking

smiddy

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

smiddy:

Didn`t they also say" Millions now Living May Never Die ?"

Yes, the talk was initially entitled, "The World Has Ended — Millions Now Living May Never Die" the first week it was given, but it was changed to "The World Has Ended — Millions Now Living Will Never Die" from the second week onwards.

• compound complex
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Job 42:16: 'And Job continued living after this a hundred and forty years and came to see his sons and his grandsons--four generations.'

OMG! That is the best rebuttal for the overlap crap that I have ever seen! Read THAT to JDub who is trying to justify this NOO LITE BS.

Doc

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I've often heard the, "it's a good thing for Watchtower to keep us in constant expectation of the end. If they had told us that 'soon' really means 30 years, we would have been complacent and get consumed by fleshly, worldly desires and not be ready when the end comes."

Standard cult BS tactics.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

From Loesch at an international convention "At least JW's were looking for the end. Nobody else is on the watch!"

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"WE never said that, YOU misunderstood!"

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

From Loesch at an international convention "At least JW's were looking for the end. Nobody else is on the watch!"

This, quite naturally, is a lie...er...theocratic warfare.

There are entire ministries and sects based on end time prophecy smack. How can he not be aware of Hal Lindsey or Herbert Armstrong?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Because jw`s are discouraged from reading anything other than watchtower material,their totally ignorant of all the dozens of religions who are armageddon watchers ,from small groups to mainstream religions such as certain baptist churches,they have no clue as to what`s going on in the real world

This is without a word of a lie I quote an elder who said " "you don`t need to buy a newspaper or watch tv news the only thing you need to read is "Watching The World " in the magazine,thats the only news that is beneficial and relevant for a christian ""

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit