Besides "NEW LIGHT " what other excuses have you heard about WT failed prophecies ?????s

by wasblind 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

Just this mornin' I read that the WT prophecy went from

" MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE "

TO

" MILLIONS WILL NEVER DIE IN JEHOVAH'S MEMORY "

AS WELL AS THE GENERATION

" [ THAT WAS ALIVE WHEN " THE SIGN " OF " THE LAST DAYS" BEGAN IT'S FULFILLMENT ] "________REASONING BOOK PAGE 97-98

IS NOW THE SAME GENERATION THAT WAS BORN IN 1992

THAT INSERT WITH BRACKETS ABOVE WERE COMPLIMENTS OF THE WTS, NOT ME

ANYBODY HEAR OF ANY OTHER OFF HANDED EXCUSES , I'M THINKIN' THE CLOSER WE GET TO 2014

THE CRAZIER THESE EXCUSES WILL BECOME. AS TO WHY IT HAS NOT ARRIVED

THE GENERATION CHANGE ALREADY TOPPED THE CAKE

OH , I FORGOT WITNESSES SAY THERE ARE PEOPLE ALL AROUND THE WORLD THAT LIVE PAST 100

ARE THEY NOW INCLUDIN' ALL NON WITNESSES THAT LIVE PAST 100 WILL BE THE ONES TO SEE THE END ?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

never claimed to be inspired

the apostles/Prophets made mistakes

tacking with the wind

• james_woods
    james_woods

Is there any real evidence to that "Millions now living will never die IN JEHOVAH's MEMORY" statement, or was that just nonsense from a troll? I thought they just took the statement out of the inner cover of the magazines and acted like they never said it at all...

Of course, the original great excuse was that when Jesus did not come in 1874, later Pastor Russell realized that he came INVISIBLY. He would actually come in 1914...but, when he did not come in 1914, it was realized that he came INVISIBLY. AGAIN.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Revelation identifies the Scarlet Colored Wild Beast as the "kings of the earth" who turn on The Harlot that rides it. The Watchtower interprets the Harlot to be the "World Empire of False Religion." So, when religion is persecuted in any way they call it Bible prophecy being fulfilled and use that to bolster their credibility. This is using Revelation for false prophecy because the Harlot is not the "World Empire of False Religion" because religion was not killed by governments, it was killed by science and the common people. Now that we know how religion goes down if we are to call the Harlot "False Religion" then we would have to call the Wild Beast the Rational Movement and Science which would go against Revelation's own self identification of the Beast which is the kings of the earth.

-Sab

• okage
    okage

Including the non Witnesses, there still aren't enough to be "millions."

I've heard denial "WE NEVER SAID THAT."

I've heard blame "THAT WAS JUST A FEW WHO THOUGHT THAT, BUT NOT THE GB."

I've heard contradiction "WE AREN'T PERFECT" turn to blame "SO MAYBE YOU'RE THE ONE WHO IS AT FAULT FOR DEMANDING PERFECT PEOPLE."

Whatever the reason, the fact that there isn't only one shared uniformly shows they don't even have a reason they can agree on.

• blondie
    blondie

Blame the rank and file for running ahead of Jehovah/the organization

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm sorry James, that was nonsense from a troll

thanks for settin' me straight on that

But I do expect to hear more nonsense like that from the Witnesses themselves

• minimus
    minimus

"we never said that"

• Ding
    Ding

"They weren't false prophecies, merely expressed opinions"

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

"Your doubts are the proof that Satan is trying to win over. Just as it says in the bible (err.... the WT publications)" - i.e. self-fullfilling prophecy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit