Sunday's Drama @ convention!!! OMG!!!

by itscrap&theyknowit! 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Zico
    Zico

I haven't seen the drama but did read the script. I imagined it was written by someone on the writing committee who was upset that the hot girls in his Congregation didn't date him when he was younger, even though he was so spiritual! I could not imagine a similar story being written from the male's perspective, as I think the men who wrote it would be more likely to see the absurdity of claiming that a marriage based on nothing but 'she always puts Jehovah first' would automatically be a success.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Link, Pleeeeeease????

• BlindersOff1
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Just listened. They really make high school JW girls sound like dumb-dumbs. If Zach is the hot jock and not really interested in JW stuff, I haven't known any guys like that who go nuts for JW girls and want to get married in high school. The ones I've known go for non-JW girls. That's why there is a "5 sisters to 1 brother" ratio.

Zach and Meghan need professional counselling, not advice from a couple whose "true love" is based on slavery to a religio-publishing corporation.

All the blather about TRUE love came across as really fake. I remember when Losch had a morning worship and I think he was trying to discourage the single guys from falling for "weak" or non-JW girls. He made the observation that many brothers have lost their wives in death, yet the brothers remarry other sisters and are just as happy and in love with the new wife. So young brothers don't need to feel that they only have one true love, they can fall in love with someone else. ... Obviously, those remarks were not popular with the Bethel wives. Really made "true love" sound cheap. You can pick anydubby to fall in "true love" with.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

And why would Meghan contact and meet with preachy Liz if she's already decided that she wants a divorce? Zach's conversation with his "worldly" friend was extremely weird (he was happier when he went to JW meetings? um, back when he was in high school? gosh maybe he was happier because he was in high school). And Meghan somehow concludes that Liz and John are in TRUE love? Based on the fact that they're still married, or because they don't have children? A really dumb storyline in a lot of ways. I think Meghan and Zach's problem is that they're messed up in the head from the JW cult. Or maybe WT is suggesting that their marriage is so rocky because they have kids... that seem to be crying all the time.

The old couple sound really lonely to me, evidently no kids or family. They better feel really in TRUE love, because they don't have anything else. I'd like to be happily married when I'm old, but I'd also like to have family and more memories than just slaving in poverty for Watchtower.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Is this an audio drama?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

alt

Snakes (Rich )

ps.. .. funny... i googled "vomiting smiley" and found these two guys in one of my old posts here from 4 years ago.... guess the topic... that's right.... the DC

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

even against apostate mate?

really? the elders have a diffrent book!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I just listened to the drama. Now,I know why they are called "dramas",over the top,unrealistic,and just sad.

For the first few minutes,I just couldn't stop laughing,how really out of touch they are.

But,I think it was mainly dealing with divorce among Witnesses. There are so many in the congregations,both old and young couples alike. I guess all married couples need to pioneer and go the the BS training school for married couples,to be happy,according to the drama.

Wow,when I first came to this site,I was depressed about still being single in my 30's. Now,I couldn't be happier I didn't marry into the cult.

• Zordino
    Zordino

The messege in the Drama is quite clear: Be a good Little Jaydubber, Listen to what the faithless slave says and give your life to the Corp, and if you do that you will be Sooooo Happy in your Life and Marraige. I believe this drama was directed a lot toward the age groups of around 15yrs old to the mid 20's in order to brainwash them into giving up their life (piosneer) to the Corp instead of making a normal life of their own (kids, a good job/business etc.) This makes me Soo pissed off as I have a teenage daughter.

Its such a Steaming Pile of Ca Ca.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit