"please sign in" was all mom said to me and my boys at her sisters funeral yesterday at the kindom hall

by oompa 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Quendi
    Quendi

I'm very sorry to hear this, oompa, but it doesn't surprise me. For all the talk about love, it is obvious this religion knows nothing about this except in the most superficial sense. I can only hope your parents come to their senses before their final crisis comes.

Quendi

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wow Oompa,

I can't wrap my head around stuff like this

there's no way on earth I could treat my child in such a manner

There was an incident were I was told , where a mother was invited

to a dinner party, and she brought along her daughter who was

tryin' to get back in good standin' wit the crowd

when they arrived the hostest made up and excuse about not enough food

and turn the daughter away , the mother chose to stay and enjoy the dinner party

WTF !!!!!!

• cofty
    cofty

That is awful oompa. The thought of funerals to come fills me with dread.

maisha that must have hurt.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth; I came to put, not peace,but a sword."-- Jesus, Matthew 10:34

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I'm sorry you have to endure that, oompa. Shunning from parents and children is possibly the hardest thing about leaving the org.

maisha, I've gotten something similar from my parents...not that blatant, but calling the kids at the Kingdom Hall their "adopted grandchildren" and saying this young girl or that young girl is their "adopted daughter" and "like a second daughter"... Cause I guess their first one is no longer any good to them.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello Leavingwt

When it come to Matthew 10:34

I refuse to believe that the scripture meant that love come wit conditions

Jesus died for all, even if they had yet to believe in him

Jesus showed Unconditional love, Jehovah's Witnesses need to take note on that

instead they use that scripture, to justify shunnin

oompa mom, should show her child the same love Jesus showed to the non-believers

in hopes that one day they would believe in him

JW's are nothin like Jesus, they are not followers of the Christ

• chichimama_2
    chichimama_2

Very sorry about that.

Such normal behaviour for them but complety twisted to non JWs experiencing, hearing, and observing the way Jw's handle funerals and their Ex JW relatives.

Glad you went inspite of them not wanting you to be there.

Look forward to hearing more. I have an experience to tell regarding this subject but it is too long to put on your thread.

Its part of the reason I am back here on JWD.

Ranchette/Sheila

• chichimama_2
    chichimama_2

Maisha,

That reminds me of the phone call I received from my mom back when my sis was still disfellowshipped.

I was at the time, and still am officially considered inactive.

She informs me that she has given my uncle, who is an elder all authority, when it comes to planning her JW funeral and worldy possessions.

She said she did want us to have anything to do with the planning of her funeral.

It was just really a hateful phone call meant to hurt and shame us in some way.

Ranchette/Sheila

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

Oompa, words cannot express how very sorry I am that you have to go through this. The notion that the Witless'es are a loving organization is such a colossal joke however, the very personal reality of dealing with their cruelty is serious business indeed.

My parents and brothers told me, to my face upon leaving, that I was dead to them and they have kept true to thier word. My maternal Grandparents (Protestants) told me that not long after I left, my parents house was scrubbed clean of all traces of me, (all pictures removed, anything I had given them or made for them as a child, for example, tossed out). It's like I never exsisted. When my Grandfather (my father's father, also a Protestant) passed away I heard about it roughly four months later, through the grapevine. I know my immediate family abhors me and I've tried to make peace with it but sometimes, something happens that absolutley rips off the scab that encases my heart and I am, once again, slayed by the injustice.

Please stay strong. You are loved. You do matter.

~ Fortis

• Quendi
    Quendi

I thought I had heard it all but the horror story which fortis et liber told chilled my blood. What a hateful, indeed evil, thing to do! Yet I have to tell myself that even though the WTS cult commands obedience to its commands about shunning, that action went over and beyond those orders, although I don't doubt the Governing Body would have approved it. I can't help feeling that relatives like that are undeserving of my attention and love as well. All the same, I would have felt deeply hurt and it would have taken me some time to move on.

I'll end by saying that fortis et liber has certainly lived up to his handle. You are indeed "brave and free", my friend, and you have my utmost and deepest respect. I wish you all the love and happiness you deserve as well.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit