"please sign in" was all mom said to me and my boys at her sisters funeral yesterday at the kindom hall

by oompa 36 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

my dad never once looked at me...i went even though they did not come to the door when i went to tell her i was sorry about her sister...that i had heard through the grapvine her sister had died...they did not even ccall me...and they did not answer the phone when i left the message asking for the time and place of the funeral unless they did not want us to attend...and they did not call....but we all decided to go anyway and im glad we did....but it was surreal...i will share more later

and i have a close friend nearby dfd about four years ago whose dad is dying and wont hardly ever talk to her... he does a bit but not her mom....neither does robert7s mom talk AT ALL to him and yes it causes pain...but i think i am finally close to healing that last part of mine......oompa

funny but just realized that the above two cases both people are recognizd as a son or daughter important enough to shun like me...but we dont get shunned like dfd and apostate sons at the funeral...just another attendee...wow

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

oompa - I'm sorry. That sucks.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I suspect it will be the same for when I go to my gran's funeral - may sound callous - but it's the truth and I expect it.

• oompa
    oompa

lou i checked out awhile...did you do your usa trip?

• maisha
    maisha

Sorry to hear that Ommpa,

My mom recently told me if she died she would rather i didnt go to her funeral.

That she has all her bother and sisters and they are her family, that there isnt really a place for me.....

Yea it hurts.

That is how the society has cultivated true love!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

not yet ooomps - been put on the back burner for now - I had a family crisis - uncle had terminal cancer and relied heavily on me as well I was there. That took up a whole year and a half. He passed last year - I've lost my job. So money saved for the trip has kept me going these past 8 months. Still haven't found a job ... so all trips are off

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sorry to hear that, Oompa.

It'll give her something to think about when she is feeling like a super christian.

• Quandry
    Quandry

So sorry, oompa. The sad thing is, when your mom and dad get really old, the "family" at the KHall will not care for them. They will call you.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Sorry oompa. I have experienced the same thing with my sisters and cousins. The way they treat us is so crazy and unlike how Jesus treated people. It does hurt to be mistreated by those you love.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I too am so sorry OOmpa.... we have to recognise they have drunk the WT "cool-aid"
    They have deadend their feelings to any one who is not in the cult. But your have recovered
    your brain.... So thank God for that. oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit