Vigils Held Around the Country for Young Couple Kristene and Mollie After Shooting

by AK MCGRATH 17 Replies latest social current

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

http://www.glaad.org/blog/vigils-held-around-country-young-couple-kristene-and-mollie-after-shooting

I'm so upset by this right now, all I can think to do is to link what I just wrote on my FB page about it:

"THIS KIND OF HATRED HAS GOT TO BE STOPPED PEOPLE! As I posted earlier, quoting the Texas Republican Party: "Additionally, WE OPPOSE ANY criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction or belief i n traditional values." And where does that stop exactly? It is ok then to MURDER someone if they are GLBT? Holy Christ!"......It is a very sad day in America where people will tolerate this. This is TOTAL BULLSHIT and where the hell are the rights for ALL PEOPLE WHO WERE CREATED EQUAL? Certainly NOT in These UNITED States of America." http://instinctmagazine.com/blogs/blog/texas-republican-party-s-just-announced-2012-platform-is-nothing-but-a-war-on-gays?directory=100011

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Maybe someone else should've posted this so the story would get the attention it deserves and possibly get reposted onto different outlets

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Hi AK. It's troubling that there dont seem to be any leads about who would do such a thing and why. I do believe that it should have gotten more press. I hope the murderer is found soon.

• jemba
    jemba

What a huge step backwards for Gay rights if this is a targeted attack.

Why are people so threatened by someone who is not mainstream, white and heterosexual?

I feel so sad for the families of these girls, they deserve all the media attention in the world, what a terrible waste of young life.

• talesin
    talesin

Both links just posted to my f/b account. This makes me so sad, and SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!

t

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh good lord, thats so incredibly sad and messed up and heartbreaking.

• yknot
    yknot

execution style-horrifying

I hope Chapa is able to identify the killers...

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Thank you ladies for responding here. I thought the link was falling on deaf ears becuz I posted it The 2 links should be getting more media coverage than I have read about, and it is a shame! This hatred that gets spewed on any kind of stage..whether religious, political or whatever can have dire consequences! It's sickening, maddening and outright WRONG!

I agree with all of you, and thank you, tales, for reposting both links onto your FB account

I won't mention names, but there are few people from here who I am also FB friends with. If by chance you would one day like to be mine tales, (gee, I feel like a 5th grader), let me know and I can PM you. I have it under my real name, so I do not post it on the board here. Haters gonna hate, ya know?

Edit~I see there are now comments after tales..ty for reading, and PLEASE also make this story known if you so desire. TYVM

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

The JWs in my cong seem to think that the lgbt community gets everything handed to them and tend to be bullies, and if every a "a gay" was murdered, it would always get more attention than a poor straight person.

Yeahno. Never even heard about this case till now.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Thanks for posting this, AK MCGRATH. This is important.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit