A Question For the Guys...

by Quendi 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quendi
    Quendi

This thread was inspired by the "A Question For the Ladies..." thread and anybody is welcome to post.

If you are now free and clear of the WTS, how have your dress and grooming changed? I'll start the ball rolling by saying that I made some changes that I really like. I'm down to two suits and they are only for job interviews and perhaps some solemn occasion. I now own only three neckties. I wear casual slacks, shirts and shorts much more. I'm back in sandals and plan on getting one or two pairs of sneakers along with some hiking shoes. One item I especially want to wear are bow ties. I don't know how to tie one, but I've always wanted to wear them and think they would look especially good for a night out at the theatre or symphony with that special guy. Just a few changes, but they feel mighty good. Oh, I also have some really neat sweaters and a couple of ponchos that I left behind in Colorado but will eventually retrieve along with some other items. And I am going to wear a lot more hats. I have already targeted a bowler, ivy cap, stetson and am even considering a top hat--again for that night at the theatre.

Quendi

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I like growing out my goatee. Not much of a goatee, but then again, who can stop me!? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Quendi, you would look fantastic in a bow tie!

• Diest
    Diest

Quendi does need a bow tie!

I grew out facial hair, and dont wear suits. My other dress didnt change much.

• darthweef
    darthweef

I grew a beard .. I had already shaved my head while I was still a ministerial servant .. they weren't thrilled by that, but there really wasn't anything they could do about it.

I own a single suit, for funerals and the like, other then that I don't own any long pants. Strictly shorts and t-shirt guy now. It helps that I work from home.

I also got a tattoo on the back of my leg. ( A barrel, with barley and hops on top ) Also having a full sleeve designed right now.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I've had a beard and goatee off and on just because I could. Being of Celtic descent I think the goatee looks pretty damn good on me. My wife doesn't really like it so I only sport it occasionally. She thinks it makes me look older, which at this point is NOT what I want!

Also she likes me clean shaven and neatly groomed ... if you know what I mean!

Other than that and the fact that I hardly ever wear a suit anymore it's pretty much business as usual in the grooming department.

On a related tangent I now enjoy an occasional cigar and have taken up Tai Chi and practice MMA on a heavy bag in my garage. I also went to a shooting range recently and tried out a Sig Sauer P229. It didn't take long to get my pre-JW marksmanship skills back. On one target I placed 13 of 14 rounds within a plate sized grouping from 25 feet. That was fun.

00DAD

• xchange
    xchange

I like to dress up so I have lots of suits, blazers, sport jackets, ties, pants, belts, shoes (especially from John Fluevog) etc etc.

The big difference is the upgrade of quality of my clothing. No Tip-Top or Moores.

Grew a beard and shaved it off. No interest in tatoos

Bought plenty of fun stuff for outdoor activities. Gee, I wonder why? Is it because I have more free time now? Time that is mine and not some silly organizations?

Anyways, want funky, top quality shoes? John Fluevog.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Other than shaving, there's really no difference. I only shave about once a week now. I like the partial-growth beard look.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I let my beard grow well groomed for several months, then only the mustache or shave my face completely. I feel free to shave when I want. I put away my suits in a trunk and now I only wear jeans. No more ties or suits for me. I feel freeeeeeee!!!!!

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Am now sporting a truly magisterial beard. Not shaved for about 7 months. Moustache is doing pretty good also.

Always hated shaving!

As for style well, my son mentioned that he was going to have to take me shopping. Maybe I could use a little help in that department.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit