In 19 days my hubby will be serving HRH Queen Elizabeth as a Royal engineer :)

by watersprout 36 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Watersprout - I am so happy for you both, I'm sure he will love his new career. Be a proud Army wife on this Saturday's Armed Forces Day.

Star Tiger - good luck with the RAF. My son is in the RAF as a physical training instructor. You will learn to hate PTIs

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

Cofty, I'm praying that as an older chap 42, the PTI's will have mercy on me, not likely eh!

R egards,

Star Tiger

• cofty
    cofty

haha maybe they will cut you some slack. The problem is they run up moutains for fun and can't understand why everybody else isn't the same.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Congratulations! Have fun.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

My non JW Uncle is an Engineer at the Royal Mint in Wales....could that be where you are going?? He lives in a 300 year old stone cottage in a small village by the Sea. There are ruins of a beautiful castle just a short walk through the field behind their home.

When I was there last, my aunt's car had been recently hit by another car as she was pulling out of her driveway. Another man stopped and gave her his phone number in case she needed a witness for insurance purposes etc. A few days later a couple of people knocked at the door and said something about being witnesses or something so my aunt thought they were there about the accident. She directed them out to speak to her husband who was cutting the grass in the back garden. When she looked out the window later she saw her husband going back and forth across the lawn with the mower, continuing to cut the grass as the two people trotted along beside him. She thought he was being terribly rude and had decided to give him a good scolding when he came inside. Later he explained the two people were (you guessed it) JW's.

I told my Aunt about H.B.H (home but hiding) She thought that was hysterical and thought it was even funnier that JW's know that's what most people do.

They are everywhere but at least you won't know them personally. All the best to you in your new situation.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Congratulations to you and your hubby.

Bangalore

• watersprout
    watersprout

Jake I would like to see the JW's try and get onto the base lol! I will have to clean my own windows once on base lol!

Star tiger I will be rooting for you! You will do fab!

Thank you Snowbird xx

Giordano thank you very muchly, super excited!

I will indeed Cofty! :D

jgnat Thank you :)

Wheezee you made me laugh! I love that the JW's were chasing your uncle as he was ignoring them LOL! Hubby will be based in Surrey for his training then sent who knows where. Will find out during the second phase of his training which will be the early part of next year :)

Thanks Bangalore :)

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit