Main article on child abuse on watchtower.org right now

by InquiryMan 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

They have chosen to highlight this article on their website:

http://www.watchtower.org/e/200710/article_01.htm

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yeah, they're idiots. Just pure "Damage Control TM ".

The Faithful R&F will see this and bow down admiringly, "See how Jehovah is taking care of his clean organization!"

The courts, if they even notice, will see it for the obvious ploy that it so clearly is and the rest of us will just go, "WTF, these guys are such complete duplicitous bastards! $28 million isn't enough!"

• tornapart
    tornapart

They call certain acts as 'uncleaness' or 'loose conduct'....

They are not! They are crimes!!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This is great:

"If he succeeds in molesting the child, he is now eager to ensure that the child does not tell anyone about it. He may use a variety of tactics, including threats, blackmail, and blame, or perhaps a combination of these. For example, he may say: “It’s your fault. You didn’t tell me to stop.” He may add: “If you tell your parents, they’ll call the police and send me to jail forever.” Or he may say: “It’s our secret. If you tell, no one will believe you. If your parents ever do find out, I will hurt them.” There is no end to the devious and malicious tactics such individuals will try."

They forgot to mention:

"He may even confess his 'uncleanness' to congregation elders, who will then contact the Society's Legal Department instead of the police. But don't worry, Jehovah will sort it out if you pray hard and pioneer during school breaks."

• 00DAD
    00DAD

There is no end to the devious and malicious tactics such individuals will try.

Is this talking about the child molester or the WTBTS? Oh, that's right, it applies to BOTH!

Abusers gotta' abuse!

• sir82
    sir82

Oh, they also forgot to to include this bit:

If, for some reason (certainly not from the congregation elders), the parents manage to find out about the child abuser's past crime sprees, and warn other parents to keep their kids the hell away from that pervert, the elders will immediately form a judicial committee to keep the congregation clean.

"To keep the congregation clean from perverted child rapists?" you may ask?

Oh, you poor naive fool! No, to keep the congregation clean from gossipers and slanderers! Those parents will be in some serious hot water! After all, if a cunning, conniving, and experienced criminal can manage to convince a judical committee consisting of a welder, a janitor, and a Wal-Mart greeter of his repentence, that should be good enough for every person on the face of the planet.

• Quendi
    Quendi

My friends, maybe this article is the first sign that the deck of the S.S. Watchtower is starting to tilt.

Quendi

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

HYPOCRISY!

• chichimama_2
    chichimama_2

I saw that late last night and was disgusted!

I showed it to my hubby. It says

Keep Your Children Safe!

With so many sexual predators on the prowl, parents want to know how to protect their children. These articles may help you.

I told him they are trying to do damage control.

He laughed and said "the way to keep your children safe from sexual predators is to keep them away from Jehovah's Witnesses."

AKA

Ranchette

• life is to short

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit