Woman jumps into pool during Long Beach DC!

by puffthedragon 62 Replies latest jw friends

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

I used to attend DCs at Long Beach with my family, so I recognized the convention center right away when I saw the video and sent it to my boyfriend (who is faded and a former member of this forum) for a chuckle.

Then, last night, he heard the story from his aunt (still a JW), who was at the convention, and whose friend was the one filming the vid. The JWs are like "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon"!

From what the aunt was saying, the woman seemed pretty loopy...they had seen her earlier in the convention. A talk was being given and she walked up in front of the stage and started bowing and praying and all this hallelujah-type stuff. So I'm not sure if she's an ex-JW specifically who converted to some other sort of Christian sect and was protesting, or just a crazy person who wandered in off the street. Although, she was awfully prepared with the bathing suit and the shower cap, so who knows.

In any event, though I think the vid is hilarious (especially the version set to the Benny Hill theme music), I really do kind of hope that my parents weren't at the convention, though they probably were. Though I'll probably never see or speak to them again, it sort of irks me to think of them going, "Oh, now Bri is one of those crazy apostates just like this lady, probably jumping into baptism pools and stuff".

• AnneB
    AnneB

She probably had to sit through one too many summer conventions! Then the thought came: "I wonder if I could..."

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

bump

This is the first video I have posted and it has 22k views! Also, I had disabled comments so I could show some JW's also but now they are enabled. I got a lot of emails from JW's saying I shouldnt have put it up.

Quote: if your a witness why would you post this. Your making witnesses look bad in a way...not everything should end up on the internet.

I'll send em to jwfacts.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit