Emailing my sister RE: Child abuse conviction - NEED HELP!!

by What Now? 42 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.cba.org/bc/public_media/family/156.aspx

Attitudes like that woman's shows why covering up child abuse persists. A definite lack of so-called Christian love.

Luke 6:31

New International Version (NIV)

31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

• What Now?
    What Now?

Can any of you Canadian elders here verify these statements:

There is no "two witness rule" and there hasn't been for many years. There doesn't even have to be an actual accusation of child abuse by the child! As soon as anyone suspects there is an inappropriate problem, it is to be reported immediately to the police and to the branch office. After that takes place, the local congregation elders are not involved in the investigation at all. That makes sense since elders aren't trained to investigate crimes. The branch and the local police have qualified people to carry out this task. Failure to follow this procedure can result in discipline (both in the congregation and legally) of the elder who received the allegation because of his mishandling of the situation. Failure to report is also a crime under Section 4(1) of the Child, Youth and Family Enhancements Act.

Legally, the elders are unable to do anything further to "warn" the congregation. This is both to protect the child as well as the accused. All information is protected both by section 48 the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, as well as section 126 of the Child, Youth and Family Enhancements Act. Following a successful conviction, elders can choose to warn parents with children they feel are at risk. However, a prudent parent can find the information in their municipality's public records of conviction.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I know here in the states we had three child molests in the hall I attended this was 2006-2011. I was threatened with being DF'ed if I told anyone. I wrote myself to Bethel because I just could not believe it.

The elders got a letter back clearly saying that parents are not to be told but if "the elders determine that is would be necessary, they may discreetly direct Christian parents to the excellent direction in Chapter 32 of the Learn From the Great Teacher and the October 2007 issue of Awake!" So what would that mean to any parent. OK I should read Chapter 32 and then what and why? The letter then went on to say that I (LITS) was doing a "warning work" because I told some of the mom's that there were child molesters in the hall. One attorney elder told me he had to convince one of the moms that one of the pedophile was indeed safe to be around her kid. The letter also said "that by having me sister( LITS( inform member of the congregation of the others past conduct it could result in confusion and unnecessary emotional pain for them." I guess having your child molested would not result in pain but my telling them not to let brother pedophile around their kids would send them over the edge?

Do not ask how I got that info lets just say it is spiritual warfare.

Before 2006 I would have emailed you just like your sisters, but then I saw with my own eyes how horrible it is, how they truly do hide child molesters. It is truly sick.

LITS

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The fact is the safest place to be is in Jehovah's Organization. You sound like an apostate! people flock to the truth because Jehovah promises to get rid

of people like pedophiles.

That's precisely the problem. JWs are led to believe that they are safe within the congregation, when in fact, they are not, because child molesters are hidden in their midst by elders under the direction of the Watch Tower.

You can't always protect your children. A molester could be *****(my husband). Or **** or your neighbor... Just because it happened in the

organization which is made up of imperfect people doesn't mean you blame the organization. That's the stupidest thing I ever heard.

The organization is just as much to blame as the Catholic Church when accused or confessed child molesters aren't turned into the police and child protective services for an investigation.

And if ***** (my husband) was accused of molesting someone without evidence would you want the Congregation to announce him as a child molester?

No, I wouldn't want it announced to the congregation right away. What I would want is a thorough investigation done by professionals in law enforecement and child protective services. If evidence is not found, then no harm, no foul. If evidence is found, then a conviction can take place, and that would be a matter of public record. Then elders or anyone else can announce it.

or if you were accused? Yes it's a terrible thing if you are molested and I am sure of I had a child I'd be more sympathetic...

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.
    (Matthew 18:10 ESV)

But the fact is that your loyalty lies with Jehovah first! Always. Otherwise why did you get baptised?

I never accused Jehovah of being a child molester or one who covers up for child molesters.

Everything will get sorted out. Jehovah will see to it that justice is done. And Jehovah allows bad things to happen sometimes simply because he is not the ruler of the world right now. Satan is. So how can you blame Jehovah or his organization for something that someone did. It makes no sense I'm sorry you will never convince me of that!!

How do you know that this lawsuit wasn't Jehovah's way of sorting things out? Don't you think Jehovah is angry about people in the Watch Tower covering up for child molesters? I'm not smearing Jehovah's name, but the molesters and the ones covering up for them are. In Candace Conti's case, the elders could have insisted that the confessed but not charged molester have no contact with children under the threat of df'ing. Instead they gave him full access, and he molested a nine-year old child, sometimes even in field service.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Can any of you Canadian elders here verify these statements:

She should have to verify her own statements. You should not do it for her.

..... and she should do it with this quote in front of her.... and she should explain to you, what this paragraph means....

When any one of Jehovah’s Witnesses is accused of an act of child abuse, the local congregation elders are expected to investigate. Two elders meet separately with the accused and the accuser to see what each says on the matter. If the accused denies the charge, the two elders may arrange for him and the victim to restate their position in each other’s presence, with elders also there. If during that meeting the accused still denies the charges and there are no others who can substantiate them, the elders cannot take action within the congregation at that time. Why not? As a Bible-based organization, we must adhere to what the Scriptures say, namely, “No single witness should rise up against a man respecting any error or any sin . . . At the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witnesses the matter should stand good.” (Deuteronomy 19:15) Jesus reaffirmed this principle as recorded at Matthew 18:15-17. However, if two persons are witnesses to separate incidents of the same kind of wrongdoing, their testimony may be deemed sufficient to take action.

http://www.jw-media.org/aboutjw/article23.htm

You shut up except to keep her talking.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

....or she should explain, to you, what is the scriptural/whatever basis for this paragraph not applying in Canada?

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Wow. Just wow. :/

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I am sorry to see, your sister is hopelessly corrupt. Whether it is because she has Watchtower training to be corrupt, or she was already corrupted and they give her cover to practice it, she is corrupt.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"In the end nothing short of Jehovah coming down and saying he likes the Mormons, would change their mind."

Even if that happened.....your brother would likely say "that wasn't God.....that was Satan posing as God!"

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I no longer try but I applaud you for doing so. The answer that I have received every time I have brought up any of the child abuse issues is that - everyone answers to Jehovah and I'm glad I have the Brothers and Sisters beside me because we have to stay strong against Satan's world. There is more to come that will test us such as this -.............etc., etc. etc., ----

I just no longer mention these stories because they go nowhere - sammies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit