silly oversight logic ala todays WT

by elderelite 22 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

This is of course nothing new again..... but just struck me as i ignored the watchtower today..

So israel is running from the egyptions... the desert god is taking wheels off of chariots and such so they can cross the red sea. He also has already told moses at this point that hes going to do away with pharoh and his army too...

so im sure there is some god centered explanation to this... but really? drown them in the red sea...? cause, last i checked, he had (supposbly) just killed every firstborn in egypt not a few hours earlier. Like litterally killed sleeping children. all the first borns. Nice guy that desert god. but having just slaughtered untold thousands in egypt "magically", he now has to drown this pursuing army? Thats the best he can do? How stupid. how stupid was I for accepting jewish folk tales as hystorical fact.... I mean if hes god almighty and he just killed all the first born in their sleep... and hes suppobly taking wheels off chariots and doing all these miraculous things to let them cross the red sea.... why the hell just not kill them outright? wouldnt that make a huge impression, to see the army drop dead as you cross the red sea? why all the dramatics?

cause it didnt happen. Can you imagine the result of millions of people leaving a nation at one time (the wt/bibles claim) AND on top of it, that nation lost its army and god king in the same inciden? egypt would have been decimated! i dont see how they could have recovered from such a blow. as usual, early bible hystory dosent add up.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

Critical thinking strikes again!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Just another bullcrap bible story? But then there would be no movie with Charlton Heston!

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Elderelite: I'm glad you still go to these meetings, so you can keep us abreast of all the nonsense that goes on.

Thanks

Kojack

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Wait...that whole parting of the Red sea thing never happened?

Seriously, though - its funny how quickly the Isrealites supposedly "forgot" this incident. If Moses actually parted the red sea for me, I'd never question dude ever again.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Rotfl!!! Oh the movie still works... Its all fiction ;-)

Lol.. I know this isnt new, it just stikes me sometimes how freakin unimaginative the desert god is for a being that is "almighty". Just silly really....

• Dagney
    Dagney

Everybody likes good story to tell.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Vey good point too lG.... If i cross the red sea as it split for me and then crashed on the egyptians im not doubting anything either

• cedars
    cedars

Of course, Thor would have dealt with everything in a far more clinical manner.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Elderelite - Sorry to spoil your fun and take this thread to its inevitable conclusion far more quickly than you anticipated!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit