laverite

What can't he do with his...hammer? *sigh*

• laverite
    laverite

He's so worth it...

• cedars
    cedars

*Sigh*

Quite appropriately, an ad has appeared at the bottom of this thread promising "Suicide Prevention". Finally all those ads for mexican girls and asian brides have given way to an ad promoting something I actually need whenever I think of Thor and his crazy worshippers.

I'll tell him where he can put his hammer, and all the lubricant in Asgard wouldn't loosen it...

Cedars

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Maybe it was the idea of showing God's power over the seemingly undefeatable Egyptian army? Plenty of reasons why the story is bullcrap.

1) Hundreds of thousands of slaves leave and there is no economic collapse?

2) They enslave an entire nation and there is no record of it by the Egyptians despite the fact that Egyptians kept some of the best records of all of the ancient civilizations?

3) No record of the plagues?

4) No archaeological evidence of over a million people walking through the desert for 40 years?

5) No mention of over a million nomads wandering through the desert by surrounding nations?

6) No record of Moses outside of the Bible?

7) If the total number of people wandering the desert walked side by side with the column being 10 people/carts wide, the line would have stretched over 150 miles.

These are just several reasons why it is bullcrap. Could probably list a lot more.

• lovesholiday
    lovesholiday

maybe the bible is meant to be understood allegorically

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

There's plenty of us on here who are kicking ourselves for taking this book of myth and fables as historical fact and (drum roll please)... the "Word of God".

Having been spoon fed this tripe since birth many of us also had little opportunity to develope critical thinking skills that would have enables us to break free from the mental prison of ignorance many decades sooner.

If I catch anyone in their 20s bitching and moaning on here about wasting their lives in this cult and missing out on life I will personally kick their asses. Spare a thought for those who didnt wake up until 40 , 50, 60 or more....

• elderelite
    elderelite

My dear cedars (peace to you!) may i point out, once again, you mentioned the Thunderer first, not i ;-) but yes Thor would have solved with his hammer. And thunder. It works cause its real and provable. Like thor.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

Sorry, EE.

More on topic: I just keep remembering those programs on the History channel about people trying to find proof of the Israelites in Egypt and the Red Sea and all. I kina feel sorry for them.

Also, if the Almighty Jah wanted his people out of Egypt, why didn't he just put it in Pharoh's mind in the first place and avoid all the death and destruction from the 10 plagues?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Sigh.... For the record cedars start the thor thing here. I really was trying to have a serious non thor discussion, although praising the thunderer is serious biz....

Good points freeze! I know there is a ton of critical thinking on this topic, but as my mind wandered today it just hit how pointless the read sea incident was for an all powerful god

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit