Anyone Besides Me Have Difficulty Saying The Word "Jehovah"?

by Low-Key Lysmith 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Even when i was a devout Witless, I always winced a bit when I heard or especially had to utter "Jehovah". It's just one of those uncomfortable words to say like "colostomy", "vagina", or "erectile dysfunction".

• sd-7
    sd-7

LOL. Well, I'll use it under certain circumstances, but it's kind of a take it or leave it kind of thing. Knowing it's no longer obligatory to say it 15 times in a sentence makes it easier to pick and choose when it's a good time for me and when it's not.

--sd-7

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I'm with ya

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I particularly hated hearing my mom say it. Something about the way her mouth would move. My mom always used to tell me that "I was hurting Jehovah's feelings". I really hated that one.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Raises hand. It is almost anathema to me. Not quite, but close.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Ugh. It truly gives me the willies. What a horrible name.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I always hated the exaggerated and drawn out way that it was pronounced during the D.C. bible dramas. "ju-HOOO-vuh". Makes me shudder.

• designs
    designs

Need to watch the Mel Brooks movie 'History Of The World'

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Its so absurd.

Like a big, giant baby living up in the sky, always worried about his "name"

He gets sad when you masturbate.

He gets sad when you celebrate your birthday.

He gets sad when you sleep in instead of going door to door selling magazines.

He gets sad when you play with wizards and magical dolls.

Dude sure is a sensitive prick. Needs to grow a pair and man up.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Hell yes, and great observation, LowKey. Maybe there's some Jewish blood in us. I personally have less trouble saying smegma.

Before we got DF'd, one of my beloved family members was telling me how much the name Jehovah meant to her. "I looove the name Jehovah." I told her I rather preferred the name Yahweh... mostly to gauge her reaction. She acted like I poisoned her dog, shaking her head and frowning. So, uh, "Yahweh" is closer to the original Hebrew but somehow "Jehovah" is better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit