NEWS-JW Wife Stabbed in Kingdom Hall

by Refriedtruth 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

DT- Very possible. This could be our dear sister Selma.

• jam
    jam

I see A part in the assembly for Mrs. Edwards.

Husband found Jehovah while serving time. See

what can happen when you stay in an abusive relationship,

Jehovah opens their eyes.

• Glander
    Glander

This happens everyday, sometimes it involves a workplace shooting massacre. I don't see any real JW connection other than the obvious. It is horrible and I hope she pulls through and he gets put away. When I was an elder we had sisters with unbelieving mate situations that kept us on edge because they were volatile.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I hope she won't be dealing with the 'blood issue' on top of this.

I hope also that others (studying JWism or already baptised) with unbelieving mates see this reality of an abusive mate as not worth trying to always be so 'christian' and nice to win him over even if it takes 17 years.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

NO grounds for a divorce siser Stab NONE!!!

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

This is dreadful, horrible. My thoughts are with this poor lady.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

This could have happened in any church in America, and has nothing to do with JWs (except for reasons being invented here). Is someone going to sue the WT because nobody threw themselves in front of the knife? Would they have a case? Absolutely not! So why is it relevant?

Personally, I hope the victim is ok, continues to express her religious freedom, and I hope her deranged violent husband is thrown in prison.

- Lime

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Billy - you are a naughty boy

• wasblind
    wasblind

Let's be fair now

who's to say the WTS forced her to stay in an abusive relationship with this man

He could have went off because of a separation caused by this cult

either way this religion causes havoc

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

-HintofLime

You are right, it does not have anything directly to do with JW's or their teachings. BUT if it happened in another local church, every JW from here to the moon would use it as part of their presentation at the door and try to say that something like that would not happen in Jehovah's house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit