and good evil,
    Who put darkness in place of light
    and light in place of darkness,
    Who substitute bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter! The Message Bible

• optimusprime
    optimusprime

Hey wait a minute here we go again.

Please note that a child molester can and most likely will be disfellowshipped if unrepetant.

Buying one lottery ticket is NOT handled by automatic disfellowshipping. There have been policy updates on this.

You have a right to believe what you want to believe and the elders have a right and duty to protect the congregation.

It has never and will never be about an organization... it is about whether or not we are willing to live our lives in harmony with scriptural principles.

"Fear leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to Suffering."

Optimus

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I would never live my life in harmony with scriptural principles. Have you read that thing? My morals are much higher than anything the scriptures have to offer. It would be a downgrade.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Buying one lottery ticket is NOT handled by automatic disfellowshipping. There have been policy updates on this.

This is precisely the opening poster's premise - notice that he prefaced each scenario with "can."

Buying a lottery ticket should not have been an issue in the first place.

The Watchtower is disregarding the weightier things and going after what should be private conscience matters.

Get it?

Got it?

Good!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Please note that a child molester can and most likely will be disfellowshipped if unrepetant.

That is only one scenario. What about the others?

Denial without a second witness?

Repentance?

It has never and will never be about an organization

LOL. It has always been about protecting the name/reputation of the church. Haven't you been marking your Watchtower, or answering up at the Study?

it is about whether or not we are willing to live our lives in harmony with scriptural principles.

Welcome to the forum Optimus. Now please show us the scriptures that support Elders meeting in secret to judge the guilt, innocence, or repentance, of a member of the congregation?

Chris

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I believe OPTIMUSPRIME is living his life in harmony with Yoda's principles.

What I find interesting, too, is that he claims "b uying one lottery ticket is NOT handled by automatic disfellowshipping. There have been policy updates on this."

So, there have been "POLICY UPDATES" in GODS WORD THE BIBLE about this?

Hmmmmm. . . Where did these policy updates come from?

Oh, that's right, these "policy updates" are from THE ORGANIZATION which "it has never and will never be about." Thanks for the reminder.

NEWCHAPTER - HUGE downgrade!

SNOWBIRD - exactly!

• Bells
    Bells

New Chapter: I would never live my life in harmony with scriptural principles. Have you read that thing? My morals are much higher than anything the scriptures have to offer. It would be a downgrade.

Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!

(not sure how to do that special 'quote' thing) :)

B

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

It's just so disgusting and f**ked up.

I am astonished every day that the R&F don't see it.

But I guess that's what happens when you let someone, or something, else direct YOUR life and do YOUR thinking for you.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

According to Watchtower documents obtained by the court, this guy didn't even get a judicial committee. He got off by being 'strongly counseled' by two elders. You can find them at this link starting at page 20. http://apps.alameda.courts.ca.gov/domainweb/service?ServiceName=DomainWebService&PageName=itree&Action=27363155

• Heaven
    Heaven

If a brother confessed, I would think he would be df'd. It depends on the BOE.

Not in Shelburne, Ontario. Known pedophile still a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit