Let Me Get This Straight. So If I. . .

by breakfast of champions 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

So if I spend ONE DOLLAR A WEEK TO BUY LOTTERY TICKETS, I can be disfellowshipped. . .

If I admit to a couple elders that PRIVATELY TO MYSELF I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT JEHOVAH's WITNESSES ARE GODS SOLE CHANNEL OF TRUTH, I can be disfellowshipped. . .

But if I confess to the elders that I HAVE BEEN SEXUALLY MOLESTING A CHILD, I CAN NO LONGER HANDLE THE MICS OR BE A MINISTERIAL SERVANT.

I am PISSED, read this (I don't even care to make it clickable, cut and paste it):

http://apps.alameda.courts.ca.gov/domainweb/service?ServiceName=DomainWebService&PageName=itree&Action=27378931

• yknot
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Yes.

It seems that they wanted to argue that the First Amendment protects their right to not protect children from known molesters.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thanks for the assist, YKNOT.

Yes, BLACKSHEEP, I suppose protecting child molesters is a first amendment right.

You know, out of all the things these fuckers could do with disfellowshipping, to keep the congregation CLEEEEEEAN, they could DISFELLOWSHIP CHILD MOLESTERS! But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Wouldn't want to do that!

DF the chick who smokes a cigarette. DF the kid who was baptized at 10 and gets involved in "HEAVY PETTING" with her boyfriend. Disfellowship the single mom who has a "worldly boyfriend" because all of the "marriageable brothers" are control freak assholes!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

And apostates are mentally diseased, but child molesters are their brothers.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That was so pithy, I just sent it in a tweet. Twitter is new to me, and I never know what to tweet.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

NEWCHAPTER - I just started a twitter account myself and have never been compelled to tweet anything. And yes, apostates = EVIL/MENTALLY DISEASED, child molesters = hey we all have a few bad days. . .

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If a brother confessed, I would think he would be df'd. It depends on the BOE.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Not necessarily. I believe the same rules apply---repentence---mercy. A confession shows repentence.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

you are right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit