two empowering recent events in my life

by soft+gentle 17 Replies latest jw friends

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I've done a couple of kettle bell workouts. But I prefer and have better results with a classic push/pull workout.

I think it's good that you find something you enjoy. Kettle bells is a good side workout, there's a limit to it, at some point you want to push your body with more weight.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Kettle bells are awesome! No that Ive used them. . . But they came highly recommended by someone at work, and the videos look like fun. good luck!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

No offence chief, but is it appropriate to discuss kettle bells and a child abuse case as some kind of equivalent.

I really am not trying to be awkward or funny, it just seems a little odd. Perhaps I misunderstand. It just seems similar to saying... Two things have changed my life recently, an abused 9 year old got justice and I completed tomb raider 3......eventually.

Maybe I just don't get it, congrats on your kettles !

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

snares amd racket - thanks for your comment - no offence taken.

an abused victim, a woman or man in a trapped, powerless condition would hopefully get the connection - that's enough for me. Also after JWism, where precise equivalences and meaning are insisted upon, it is wonderful and liberating to approach an issue from disparate angles. In this case and for me what holds the two together is the idea of empowerment.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

hi nomad push pull are very effective but apparently not as dynamic and fun, unless you are using straps

and yes they are a side workout

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I think that "aggressive" exercise can be a part of recovery from both emotional and physical abuse.

there is one particular exercise - I think it is called the clean and snatch - it almost feels like a boxing move and then the upward thrust seems to convey emphatic victory

• tec
    tec

I think her victory, or someone else's, was bound to come at some point. One (or an organization) can only hide those "dead man's bones" for so long, before they come rattling out. I am glad for everyone who has been silenced (or had attemps made to silence them) that this has come now.

Those witnesses who choose to deny or turn away are going to be saying and thinking just like the catholics that they have condemned. Their own literature will once again be the thing that reveals the WTS for what it is, and what it produces.

Truth prevails.

I am glad for your second empowering event as well, S&G.

Peace,

tammy

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

thank you tec.

yes truth will prevail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit