• soft+gentle
  • soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

the number 1 event is of course Candace Conti's victory

the second, completely different and more mundane - kettle bell training

anyone here work out with kettle bells?

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

candace's story has had an amazingly powerful effect on me. I now see jw authority as puny and as something that has completely lost any lingering hold that it had on me. I'd love to hear what effect her victroy has had on you.

• soft+gentle
  • soft+gentle
  • cedars
    cedars

soft+gentle - you've completely lost me with the kettle bells part!! But I agree totally about the Candace Conti case.

Bear in mind I only "awakened" a year ago, and already the Society has found itself on the losing side of a major court case for which it will need to fork out tens of millions of dollars, not to mention suffer the humiliation and damaged reputation (assuming they lose their appeal, of course). Campaigners such as Barbara Anderson have been waiting decades for something like this to happen, and it's happened only a year after I became inactive.

We are extremely fortunate and privileged to witness this event. It's been a LONG time coming. I'm confident it will accelerate the Society's demise.

Cedars

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

cedars, i am also very confident of the impact of the Conti win on the society. I have been engaged in my own covert battles against pedophile cover-ups in my local congregation. I have also been trying with no success to get the society to change its policy of not warning the parents of members of the congregation who have been befriended by our pedophile. I hope that if there is an appeal it can be shown that elders do indeed have a duty of care to perform with regard to this issue. Personally I think the society are silly to appeal because by doing so they will be creating more publicity for their shameful, reckless neglect of young victims

But as a woman the court win is also personally empowering.

The kettle bells training makes me feel strong and positive in mind and body. And this helps me with personal goals I have set myself within the congregation that I cannot go into here.

• Cacky
    Cacky

I am just happy she won. I hope it makes a big difference and is the real beginning of the end for that family and people destroying cult.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I hope so too cacky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit