The latest on blood

by PrincessCynic 59 Replies latest watchtower medical

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

So the local elders where I live recently had a big meeting with the HLC elders and I got a brief summary of what was said. Thought I'd share.

It seems the Jws aren't capable of making a decision based on their personal conscience. They are confused by the whole fraction thing and end up refusing the lot 'just in case' or accepting some and refusing others making them look like idiots. This is a big problem for the HLC/society.

So there seems to be a push to make sure that the Dubs are accepting everything they're allowed and are comfortable with accepting fractions. This is nothing new, they've been encouraging this for years now, presumably to prevent having frustrated doctors and bad publicity.

To clear up any confusion about whether they ought to accept fractions or not, the elders are being told to drop the word 'fractions' and use the term 'blood derivatives' in it's place. That way the dubs don't feel like they're actually taking a part of blood

No word on the nonsensical components vs. fractions thing though.

Oh, and it seems none of the witlesses have their advanced directives up to date. Tut tut. Another headache for the HLC.

I wish they'd just hurry up and make the whole blood issue a conscience matter, I definitely see it going that way eventually.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

It is a conscience matter. Our entire relationship with god is a conscience matter. They are not masters of anyone's faith.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" To clear up any confusion about whether they ought to accept fractions or not, the elders are being told to drop the word 'fractions' and use the term 'blood derivatives' in it's place. That way the dubs don't feel like they're actually taking a part of blood "

" I wish they'd just hurry up and make the whole blood issue a conscience matter "

They will as soon as they drop the word " Derivative "

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Therefore the eating of blood is equated with idolitry and fornication, things that we should not want to do ."_____Reasoning from the Scriptures book page 71

Does that mean folks who fornicated can now claim to the Elders they were only makin' Agape love ????

That way they won't feel as if they actually took part in fornication

• wasblind
    wasblind

Bump,

DAYUM, I'm having fun wit this !!!!!!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They are confused by the whole fraction thing and end up refusing the lot 'just in case' or accepting some and refusing others making them look like idiots. This is a big problem for the HLC/society.

Gee, now they don't want to look like idiots? Its gonna take a lot more a name change to "blood derivatives' to fix that problem!

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

This fraction business used to bother me. It doesn't now because I see thru the whole blood nonsense. But if you accept the premise that blood for medicine is prohibited, then, how could a conscientious Christian accept fractions of blood?

I used to try to reason with the cited verses below that the idea of fractions being OK was completely against the spirit of the way Jesus taught. In the verses below, Jesus argues that if you want to avoid the major sin, you have to avoid all the little parts or "fractons" that go into making the major sin. Thus, "looking ... so as to have a passion" is the first step towards adultery. Being "wrathful," if continued, leads to worse. And if the Temple is "holy," then everything in the temple is also. (My logic being that if blood is "holy" or set apart only for sacred use, then, all the parts that make it up would be also.)

It just seems like they are repudiating the spirit of Jesus teaching in order to keep this mirage going.

Matthew 5:21, 22:

YOU heard that it was said to those of ancient times, ‘You must not murder; but whoever commits a murder will be accountable to the court of justice.' 22 However, I say to YOU that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; but whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!' will be liable to the fiery Ge·hen′na.

Matthew 5:27, 28:

"YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must not commit adultery.' 28 But I say to YOU that everyone that keeps on looking at a woman so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart

Matthew 23:16-20

Woe to YOU, blind guides, who say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is under obligation.' 17 Fools and blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gold or the temple that has sanctified the gold? 18 Also, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is under obligation.' 19 Blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he that swears by the altar is swearing by it and by all the things on it;

I also find it incredible that they would tell people what is a conscience matter and what isn't.

• TD
    TD
    I used to try to reason with the cited verses below that the idea of fractions being OK was completely against the spirit of the way Jesus taught. In the verses below, Jesus argues that if you want to avoid the major sin, you have to avoid all the little parts or "fractons" that go into making the major sin. Thus, "looking ... so as to have a passion" is the first step towards adultery. Being "wrathful," if continued, leads to worse. And if the Temple is "holy," then everything in the temple is also. (My logic being that if blood is "holy" or set apart only for sacred use, then, all the parts that make it up would be also.)

None of my business, but back when you used to feel this way, how did you live? Did you get your childhood immunizations? Did you ever have a tetanus shot after an injury?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Derivitives?

Route word is Derived.

Light is getting brighter!

• wasblind
    wasblind

We the WTS now use fractions derived from blood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit