by coffee_black 17 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
  • JRK
    JRK

Good!

JK

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

so happy he won't face charges for accidentally killing a sick freek who would molest a child. I think any normal father would have reacted the same.

• daystar
  • 00DAD
    00DAD

That's what I would do. Maybe that explains my present anger at the cult that continues to abuse my two sons!

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Woo! Hell yeah!

Poor girl though. :'(

• Farkel
    Farkel

I would suspect that the father had the "defense of others" legal argument in his favor, and Texas isn't the only state that allows that defense.

That argument allows someone who isn't being threatened to use deadly force against another who is committing an act that could jeapordize another's life.

If more Courts would not prosecute similar events as this Texas Court did not prosecute, perhaps perps would think twice before they decided to hurt people.

Hats off to Texas!

Farkel

• Razziel
    Razziel

There was never a chance the grand jury would return an indictment. They just did it to cross their T's and dot their I's. In Texas, catching someone in the act of committing certain felonies allows you to use deadly force to stop it.

From the penal code:

Sec. 9.32. DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON. (a) A person is justified in using deadly force against another: ....

(B) to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit