The UN Debacle, Disfellowshipping Policies, Child Abuse Cases---Will ANYTHING Ever Sway A JW From "The Truth"?

by minimus 46 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• minimus
    minimus

i wonder.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, Minimus - remember: Only about 16 people ran away from Jonestown instead of drinking the poisoned KoolAide.

• shamus100
    shamus100

NOPE. Social misfits need their crack!

• minimus
    minimus

If you guys are right, what real hope is there?

• james_woods
    james_woods

The hope of continually holding a light in the dark, and showing at least those 16 people out of 500 a way out.

• minimus
    minimus

Terrible comparison but you might be right.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've noticed that folks don't readily leave unless something strikes close to home. All that above, it's not close enough for the rank and file diehard jw to care about. It can be filed away as Satan persecuting the WT.

• blondie
    blondie

It took the WTS 5 years (1975-1980) to really apologize and explain the 1975 fiasco but only after they lost 2% a year for a couple years of their membership.

I find only when an individual is hurt personally by WTS policies and doctrines, and it happens several times over a period of several years, then some people leave.

I truly believe it is a cult and uses all the cult techniques.

http://www.freedomofmind.com/Info/BITE/bitemodel.php

http://freedomofmind.com/Services/help1.php

• minimus
    minimus

mrsJ and Blondie, I think you are right!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Mrs. Jones makes an excellent point - probably (at least in my experience) - many more leave out of personal reasons than for the pure logical rejection of witness chronology or doctrine.

These type of people have a high regression rate, and in turn - a high rate of getting pissed off again, and leaving again.

Until they get love-bombed back for a while, and get pissed off again.

The first-principle exit people never return. At least, I have never seen one return.

This is an important point for those of us who help people out - TEACH THEM WHY THEY SHOULD WANT TO BE OUT!!! It is not just because somebody got a raw deal on some judicial committee - or some similar thing. They should be REALLY out because the DOCTRINE is wrong - laughably wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit