Have faded and now crossed another JW line. What should I expect ?

by av8orntexas 21 Replies latest social relationships

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I first soloed in a Piper Colt at 17. My dad used to fly Beech 18s for Allegheny Airlines in the early 50s delivering mail. Later he would teach (was a CFI) in exchange for use of others airplanes. Early 70s he bought the Colt. But he hired someone else to formally give me lessons. After high school I went straight to the service and flew Hueys and 58s (jet rangers). Used my GI bill to get my Commercial Instrument ticket.

Have a commercial/instrument ticket for Rotary Wing and Airplane single engine land. Its been many years since I've flown now. Mostly busy as a JW all those years. But I never lost the love of anything with wings. Even in high school, when everyone else was in love with cars, I could couldn't care less about them. My heart was in the sky.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think if you don't want your fade to disintegrate into a DF situtation, you should have a ceremony outside of the RC church, even if a priest presides legally over the ceremony. If she/her family want a RC mass or 'religious' ceremony, do it privately, separately. I don't think that merely marrying a non-JW is a DF offence, but the church bit might be a deal breaker.

If you want to continue on with the "fade" status, you must avoid anything with the Church or a clergyman at your wedding. That is considered apostacy and they Elders will likely come down on you I suspect because you don't seen to actually have gotten to a "man of the world" status, since you're active still with JW associates. Fly to Vegas or a romantic Carribbean spot and get married, then throw one hell of a reception when you get home.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit