by AndersonsInfo 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
  • Deceived
  • wasblind
    wasblind

I think the WTS should be made to pay what the perpetraitor is unable too

here's the reason why

The WTS states:

" Anyone who publicly witness about Jehovah is usually identified as belonging to the one group____" Jehovah's Witnesses"_____Reasoning from the scriptures book page 199

" Our heartfelt appreciation has moved us to dedicate ourselves to Jehovah and to symbolize that by baptism in water. Baptism constitutes our ordination as ministers."_______Organized to do Jehovah's will book page 78

By these words the WTS has takin' on the responsibilty of this mans actions

• okage
    okage

we should bombard contis lawyer with articles of watchtower publications relevent to the case so he is as in the know as we are.

it would be awful if the wts didnt have to pay as much because they used that blatant lie of spiritual warfare to deny things they published.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Thank you Barbara - I have emailed this link out in the UK as well as the Daily Mail article. These are well recognised sites and that adds to the validity of the news.

On a personal note - thank you so much for all your dedicated work and patience over so many years. This is a huge step that wouldn't have been possible without everything that you have done and gone through. Candace is a brave, determined girl and been advised well. Lets hope the WTBS will now change it's broken abuse policy, others who have suffered abuse will also come forward and follow Candace's brave sacrifice to sue and that further broken policies like shunning will be changed.

mmxiv

• shamus100
    shamus100

It may be a few years yet - but I think they will know, eventually, that they covered it up. ;)

If the word really gets out this is what will hurt the WTBTS Corporation the most. :D

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The article is on page A14 of the Monday June 18, 2012 NY Times print edition.

Rub a Dub

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Barbara, do you know how long the jury deliberated before rendering their verdict? And was there anything that the jury was hung-up on that slowed down there arrival at a guilty verdict?

Thank you

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I'll find out how long for you JW Gonebad when I can and post it here. As far as I know, there wasn't anything that really slowed down the jury to come to their verdict. Maybe some day a jury member will talk about what went on in the jury room.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Barbara, Thanks for the tip about Laurie Goodstein, religious reporter on the NY Times. The more former JWs and JWs, who write to reporters like Laurie Goodstein, about the WTBTS's secret policies and practices: may be more light can be shined on the WTBTS, especially since Candace Conti successfully exposed some of the WTBTS's secret policies and practices.

By clicking on the email link Send an E-Mail to Laurie Goodstein , which is a javascript link, on the http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/g/laurie_goodstein/index.html?inline=nyt-per webpage, I was able to send Laurie Goodstein the email in the quote box below.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Dear Laurie Goodstein,

Although the article in the NY Times, “Jehovah’s Witnesses Told to Pay in Abuse Case” by the Associated Press on June 17, 2012, covered the published facts of the verdict and monetary award to Candace Conti and comments from attorneys, I was disappointed that the NY Times did not do more in depth reporting about the policies of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society.

Why wasn’t Mr. McCabe, attorney for the Watchtower, asked more questions about the policies of the Watchtower? Mr. McCabe said, “The Jehovah’s Witnesses hate child abuse and believe it’s a plague on humanity.” Since Mr. Simons proved to jurors that the Watchtower hides important information from Jehovah’s Witness, why did reporters take Mr. McCabe’s comments at face value?

I would like Mr. McCabe to answer the following questions to expose more ugly truths about the Watchtower:

• Does the Watchtower promote to Jehovah’s Witnesses to not bring reproach on the Watchtower Organization?

• Does the Watchtower promote that Jehovah’s Witnesses are to shun members and former members as if they are dead if they bring reproach on the Watchtower?

• Would Ms. Conti’s suit against the Watchtower be considered as bringing reproach on the Watchtower?

• If Jehovah’s Witnesses hate child abuse, how can the Watchtower justify promoting shunning of Jehovah’s Witnesses and former Witnesses because of reporting child abuse?

• How does the Watchtower effectively protect children from child molesters?

• If most behavioral scientists agree that child molestation cannot be cured, how come the Watchtower does not implement more effective child protection policies than just requiring that child molesters be repentant?

The Watchtower is a dangerous cult according to Steve Hassan, a cult expert, so it tries to hide its policies and doctrines from public scrutiny. The Watchtower in the past has promoted to Jehovah's Witnesses to use what it called “Theocratic Warfare Strategy” to lie to “Worldly” people, which would include reporters and testimony in courtrooms.

Sincerely,

Robert [last name deleted]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit