16 hours ago, NYTimes carried the AP story about Candace

by AndersonsInfo 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I might write to ombudsman for the Times and raise why important legal questions were noti mpressed. People don't purchase the NY Times for AP feeds. They want the noted and oft rewarded reporting skills from NYT reporters. I believe it merits a magazine article. Neutrality is a good place to start. Cosnti's lawyer should have been asked probing questions that I never heard on the conference call.

An editor has to decide. We must bear in my mind that the Witnesses are a new fringel religion. I fear this decision will be overturned by an appellate court. If I had the time, I would write an op-ed piece. Perhaps we should get together and hone comments that are neutral. Certain posters here have great and diverse insight. Perhaps we could each write a blurb. If it approaches neutrality, the Times might publish it. This case can be a springboard for so many pressing societal issues regarding religion in general. All my concerns also apply to the Roman Catholic Church.

If we split it up, no one person would have to write a very long subject. Not to excluse anyone but I believe my legal expertise would help, Cofty, and Cedars raise good points. Barn Anderson and BLondie. If we all addressed different aspects, it would be powerful, IMO. What do others feel? I believe it in enough to spend a substantial chunk of time on it. Of course, we would preaching to the choir in the NYT.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

ABibleStudent: "If Jehovah's Witnesses hate child abuse, how can the Watchtower justify promoting shunning of Jehovah's Witnesses and former Witnesses because of reporting child abuse?"

I am a living testimony of this claim.

• mamalove
    mamalove

We might underestimate things. This could be a domino effect. If not, it might be sowing seeds among the soil.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

blindnomore - ABibleStudent: "If Jehovah's Witnesses hate child abuse, how can the Watchtower justify promoting shunning of Jehovah's Witnesses and former Witnesses because of reporting child abuse?"

I am a living testimony on this claim.

Hi blindnomore, I'm sorry that you were victimized by the WTBTS. Have you considered writing about your experiences without naming names of individuals to the NY Times? First-hand personal experiences by many victims will have more weight than what I wrote.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit