JWs At My Door Today

by TOTH 29 Replies latest jw friends

• TOTH
    TOTH

So here I sat eating my father's day brunch and the knock at the door startled me. I peaked and it was a man and teenaged boy in suits. It was already like NINETY degrees outside and they had on suit jackets....JWs. So I opened the door and they started in about how they were in the neighborhood discussing bible topics with their neighbors. I was ready for them! LOL They asked if I would agree that the news is full of reports of wars and violence, crimes and awful conditions and I said that it was very true. The older guy went on to say that what the news reports is definitive proof that we are in the end times. I asked why and he went through Matthew Chapter 24 and what Jesus confirmed would be SIGNS to look for.

I agreed that the news reports were certainly in line with Jesus' words. Then I asked what they thought about the news about the WT losing a lawsuit brought by a woman that had been molested as a child by a jw. They said they had not heard about that. I said, that oh yes, it's been on CNN and in the newspapers. Right here in California. The guy said that it was probably just a rumor going around that got out of hand. I said, no it was a court judgment and a report was made. He said that the media is not always reliable and that the wt would never lose such a case since they are Jah's org. So i went there... I said, so as long as the news reports what Jesus said would be reported you are happy to come to my door but when your org is busted and made to pay for their crimes it's a rumor.

He said that maybe it was true, maybe not, but that Jah only has imperfect people to work with and that the congregation would have wolves dressed in sheep's clothing. So i said, that I had no idea if he was a wolf or a sheep so he better go. I then told the boy to be careful.

I hope I may have reached the kid at least.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Awesome!

• Cacky
    Cacky

That was great! I never thought of that, they believe all the earthquake reports but refuse to believe negative news reports about themselves!

• jemba
    jemba

Great story TOTH.

Poor kid, working in the heat fully dressed when he'd rather be off swimming or watching a movie in the aircon. Maybe thatll be the next child abuse issue they can tackle, making kids go d2d and sitting through stupid sermons when they should be allowed to be kids.

I love thinking about that guy finding the story in the news and thinking oh shite, now the householders have a new argument, hopefully he discussed it with his field circus group too. lol

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"So i said, that I had no idea if he was a wolf or a sheep so he better go. I then told the boy to be careful."

Love it, love it, love it ! ! !

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Nice. I'm going to borrow that logic to use myself.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Since around memorial time the jw's have been to our apartment complex at least four times that I know of. I been here five years now and they came MAYBE twice per year in that time. I wonder why the big surge. The next to last time they came I was cleaning my car and a couple of young guys walked up to me and asked if they could talk to me about the bible. I was busy so i said I was not interested. One of them kinda smart-assishly asked if I didn't have an interest in living forever on paradise earth and I said, "Not if I have to live with a bunch of jehovah's witnesses." LMAO! I totally stole that from a comedian I saw on tv ages ago! They looked at me like I was crazy and left.

I wonder what will happen next time. Probably got my door flagged! LOL

• mind blown
    mind blown

Awesome

I hope you don't mind if I use that one?! Now I have something to reallly grill them with

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well that was just classic! I'm so glad you posted it. I was remembering how we used the news of the day to talk about deteriorating conditions, and I wondered if any JW would dare to use that in their presentation this close to the case. I got my answer. We also got another answer---while the dip was willing to use the news to bolster his sermon, he certainly couldn't be bothered to read it.

NC

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

WOW! That was great!! I cannot believe that you did not make that young man think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit