I'd hate to be a JW going out in service with all the bad press they're getting right now.

by I quit! 24 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
  • designs
    designs

It's like going out in Service on Jan.1 1976.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

At least it will make them think.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm sure they'll get some question about the child molestation case and maybe even a few about the Sparlock video.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

The art of Time wasting in service will now reach new heights of refinement. So they don't have to talk to anyone . I do feel sorry for my family members

who are pioneers.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I thought everybody would be talking about the DAteline program when it aired in 2001 and we'd have confrontations or such in FS, but nothing happened, no one said anything. I wonder if it is just news like other court cases in the same genre, say like for the Catholics.

• DT
    DT

I would love to hear the conversations among the Witnesses themselves. I'm sure some think that it could be a beginning of persecution against them, so they will want to talk about it. There will be a lot of cognitive dissonance, but it has to be difficult to spin this in a positive way.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

If I hadn't heard about it on here, I wouldn't have heard about it at all. Not even JW's I know are talking about it or even aware of it. Like everything else they do, it seems to be a non-issue to anyone who doesn't have any connection to the organization. I'm sure JW's who do know about it will be exercising their cognative dissonance abilities to put it all down to "persecution" or "Evil Slaves" being manipulated by Satan. This will be just another feather in their Martyr's cap.

• wasblind
    wasblind

If they ain't aware, they better not stop at my door, I'll bring it up for sure

Householder : What's this I hear on the news ' bout y'all gettin' sued for a whole bunch a money ????

Publisher : , It's Just persecution

Householder : I see, and it would have been a blessin' from Jah if you won

Publisher : exactly

• blondie
    blondie

I think it is overestimated how much non-jws know about jws and their doings or even care. Most Catholics believe that the victims that come forward are liars and that the church has no part in this abuse. Just some renegade priests that hide what they are from the administration. It might affect a few non-jws for awhile until the next bigger more personal issue comes up like the continuing economic issues and Syria and Iran, the trouble in Europe and the cleanup in Japan, and, and, and...

What people have brought up the 40 years I went door to door and only maybe one person every 6 months as a regular pioneered. I would hope that some jws on the edge will find this point pushes them out of the WTS finally.

No Christmas

No Holidays

No Blood Transfusions

And maybe no voting and military service

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit