Very Curious, what kind of feedback are you getting from ACTIVE Jehovah's Witnesses on Candace's California Court Victory ?

by Balaamsass 51 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i havent heard anything from in person JW's, but on the other forums I go to, the JW apologists have ran away from this, they are totally silent.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Already posted this on my "Thought Reform" thread, but it's worth repeating:

I LOVE MY WIFE!!!

So I Google news her the story about the child abuse case. Her reaction?

"If they cover up child abuse, they're getting what they deserve!" and "They want us to 'Safeguard Our Hearts' and they're safeguarding monsters!"

Made my weekend

• carla
    carla

for Breakfast's wife!

• darthfader
    darthfader

For them it's a non event. Likely to be overturned in appeal. They have no idea of the significance of this or the precedents it sets.

"Hmm... that's an odd story, She's (Conti) is probably lying..."

DF

• Diest
    Diest

My close realtive that I told thinks it will go to the S. Court. This person is always to close to freeing their thinking but never gets over the hump. I think the penitent-clergy thing is an interesting arguement, but it is so basic that I doubt that a trial judge made a mistake.

I cant wait until the first appellate court refuses to hear the appeal! That will let a lot of air out of the doubting-dubs sails.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The Huffington Post online article has alot of JW, ex-JW, and worldly people comments.

The JWs seem to be: 1) blaming the victim; 2) denying it occurred; and 3) getting exposed for their stupid comments. They think that this man was JUST a rank & file member. The court docs said that he was once a MS.

The one comment I loved the most was brilliantly simple. It went like this: "If they abhor child abuse, why keep it a secret?"

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I'm really curious what will come from it. I know I discussed this in depth with the local sisters who were meeting with me. I told them it was coming (not this case specifically) but that the pressure was on re: the pedophilia scandal. I would love to be a fly on the wall when she finds out.

• paladin
    paladin

One of my relatives just told me it must Satan's doing or some dumb idea.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I've sent out emails with a simple comment, nothing "negative" towards JWs with the msnbc link. I've only heard back from one active and all they said was how shocking/horrible that was. That was it.

I did get a couple emails from friends DF'd responding to it and they were more along the lines of "its about time this gets exposed."

Honestly, I don't think many will find this article on their own, so I'm helping as much as I can with a simple email and link attached. :)

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I sent out the following email to a former JW friend on Friday, June 15, 212 at 9:28 PM PST. I still have not received a response.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Subject: Is this the Begining of the End? Hi [Name deleted] FYI: http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_20867873/jehovahs-witnesses-must-pay-20-million-fremont-sex?source=most_emailed http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/06/15/BAUQ1P2PH2.DTL http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/15/12225753-jehovahs-witnesses-ordered-to-pay-more-than-20-million-to-woman-who-said-she-was-sexually-abused?lite Take Care,
    Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit