Very Curious, what kind of feedback are you getting from ACTIVE Jehovah's Witnesses on Candace's California Court Victory ?

by Balaamsass 51 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I was just now having a cup of coffee with 3rd Gen and shaking my head in disbelief. I am astonished that after some "crying in the beer" Sunday, these die hard pioneers got up at 4-5 am and went in street work to preach to the Commuters....to covert them to WTBTS BS. While they are huddled and whispering about the case, are they in street work by habit? Did they feel uncomfortable and need the comfort of "their tribe"? - Brain washing, and human behavior never cease to amaze me. No critical thinking. Like, "How can these guys be "Spirit directed"?

• talesin
    talesin

Hi. I actually had a chance to get feedback on this several years ago, when my friend Kwin exposed the elders in his hometown in Ontario for the same thing. My parents are both active JWs.

My mother (the hard-core one) said it had to be a lie. I presented her with Kwin's father's phone number, and told her to call him and ask if it was true (2-witness rule, threat of DF if you talk).

At that point, she started screaming at me "WHY ARE YOU SO BITTER?"

I was then told to never bring up the subject again, or I would no longer be welcome in their home.

Denial runs deep -- this will affect some, but many, not. I think it will make a real difference to non-JWs, though, in how they perceive the WTBTS TM

tal

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Nothing here; I think most have no clue what's going on since good little R&F are generally cut off from the real world and are usually the last to know about things, that's if they find out at all.

• iclone
    iclone

I was having a discussion with a brother over the weekend regarding this case and he, like some of the other fanatics feels this is just one of Satan's attacks. I asked him if the Watchower's abuse policy is currently sufficient enough to protect our children? (he is also an ex-elder but still a die hard JW) He said "absolutely". I said thank you for admitting there is a severe problem. He was confused by my response. I clarified with him; 'by your own admission that a "child abuse policy" even exists means there is a widespread problem.' If child abuse was a non-issue within the Jehovah's Witness organization then why would they need an official policy?? He had nothing to say. I concluded that if by some miracle Jehovah is still looking over this organization; then perhaps this Court Judgement is His way of correcting the WT on their VERY flawed 'child abuse policy'!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Somehow this is really shaking some JWs I know to the core. "I don't want to talk about it anymore". One who had not dropped a drop of alchol for 6 months went of the wagon in a big way Sunday.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I've been a tad more crafty, 'you ought be prepared on the Ministry, as there's a MASSIVE story on child abuse within the Society just broken in USA...' then fill them in with details. My figuring is THIS way I'm conveying the information in a way they will need to listen. Psychology.

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

From rank & file perspective: They are not familiar with society's policy whatsoever. Most publishers don't know about procedures. You guys, here on this site, know much more. So, all they see is a judge ruled against the 'organization' and of course their take is that it was unfair, a move by Satan, and that the org shall be vindicated down the road. That's what they've been taught, that's what it's easier to think.

Elders are a different story. Many don't have a clue. Just yesterday I was commenting the case with a fellow elder (long time serving) and at one point he even asked me "what are society's instructions right now for molestation cases".

So the vast majority of JW’s will think what they’ve been trained to think: Satan controls the whole world, and it’s against us. We are always right and we will prevail in the end.

However, a small yet growing group keeps questioning –among other things- the instruction regarding not informing the authorities and the ‘two-witness’ rule.

• mP
    mP

im surprosed the wts just didnt hire a hitman, after all when has morals come into any decision...

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Last night I got some unusual phone calls from active JWs. WOW- one walked out of the hall when the part about Estate planning and Wills was presented (leave all your $$ to WTBTS).

His take. Not a word at the hall about Child Molestation and this case that was all over the papers this weekend. Just "give us more money"..."they sound like Christiandom"!

He asked me if I remembered as a kid "all the parts making fun of the Catholic Church constantly begging for money". I simply said YES. - Well another one bites the dust.

• maryann
    maryann

Wow, so the 'rank and file' are now being asked to not only ignore abuse of their children, but disinherit them by leaving all their money to the WTBS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit